Enrai (Tooku ni Aru Akari)
|"Enrai: Tooku ni Aru Akari"|
|Single by High and Mighty Color|
|from the album San|
|Released||October 25, 2006|
|Genre||J-pop, nu metal|
|Writer(s)||High and Mighty Color|
|High and Mighty Color singles chronology|
"Enrai: Tooku ni Aru Akari" is the band's eighth single and its last release in 2006. The title track is the third ending theme for the four-part anime feature compilation Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny: Special Edition, and a special ending theme for Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny HD Remaster in 2013. The song also appeared in Drummania/GuitarFreaks V4 as a cover, making the song playable on the arcade machine as well as the compilation album Tokyo Rock City.
The B-side "Kaerimichi no Orenji", was used in a commercial for the Wii game Bleach Wii: Hakujin Kirameku Rondo. The first pressings of the single came with a special pin-up featuring Gundam SEED Destiny main character Athrun Zala. The music video for the song was directed by Sueyoshi Nobu.
Sample of the translated lyrics:
- We all cease to be connected by dazzling chance meetings, I won't leave you again
- Here, we drew our fingertips, which once touched, back toward ourselves
- Your overly radiant form, and small whisper
- Seem to connect us together and heal us, who are tangled together...
- Because I won't pretend to give up
- "Enrai: Tooku ni Aru Akari" (遠雷 ～遠くにある明かり) – 4:23
- "Kaeri Michi no Orenji" (帰り道のオレンジ; Orange Return Trip) – 4:08
- "Enrai: Tooku ni Aru Akari (Less Vocal Track)" – 4:31
- All songs written by High and Mighty Color.
- Through – art direction & design
- Tom Vezo (Minden Pictures/Amana, cover), Hidekazu Maiyama (members) – photographer
- Tsukushi Ichikawa (Mild) – hair & make-up
- Toshio Takeda (Mild) – styling
Oricon Sales Chart (Japan)
|Release||Chart||Peak position||First week sales||Total sales||Chart run|
|25 October 2006||Oricon Daily Singles Chart||#12|
|25 October 2006||Oricon Weekly Singles Chart||#15||11,520||23,742||6 weeks|
GuitarFreaks & Drummania
|This 2000s Japanese single–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|