|Alma mater||University of California Berkeley,
Dr. Eric Haseltine (born October 11, 1951 in Death Valley, CA) is a technologist who has worked in senior-executive positions in both industry and the United States intelligence community.
Haseltine received a bachelor of arts degree in economics and psychology from the University of California, Berkeley, and a Ph.D. in physiological psychology from Indiana University. He also has a certificate in Executive Management from UCLA's Anderson School of Management. He accomplished post-doctoral work in brain research at Vanderbilt University School of Medicine.
Haseltine spent 13 years at Hughes Aircraft, where he rose to the position of Director of Engineering. He then left for Walt Disney Imagineering in 1992, where he joined the research and development group, working on large-scale virtual-reality projects. In 1998 he was promoted to senior vice president responsible for all technology projects. In 2000, he was made Executive Vice President. Haseltine was head of research and development for all of Walt Disney Imagineering  by the time he left in 2002 to join the National Security Agency as Director of Research. From 2005 to 2007, Haseltine was Associate Director for Science and Technology, Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI)—that organization's first—a position he described in a 2006 US News and World Report interview, as follows, "You can think of me as the CTO [chief technology officer] of the intelligence community".
Haseltine is currently president, and managing partner of Haseltine Partners, LLC. He also serves on the advisory board of TTI/Vanguard.
Private Life Eric was married to Stacey Werling who was Chief of Staff at ODNI. Stacey died after a long battle with cancer in 2010.
"Eric has 15 patents in optics, special effects and electronic media, and more than 100 publications in science and technical journals, the web, and Discover Magazine." 
- Long Fuse, Big Bang: Achieving Long-Term Success Through Daily Victories. Hyperion, NY, 2010. ISBN 978-1-4013-2363-9
- National Intelligence Distinguished Service Medal
- Manager of the Year Award, from the Society for Psychologists in Management
- Hughes Patent Award
- 2006 US News and World Report interview of Haseltine when he was working for ODNI
- The New Yorker article from the January 21, 2008 issue which mentions Haseltine while discussing Disney's connection to the NSA and ODNI on page 7
- "Creative Intelligence"—video of Eric Haseltine speaking with Jane Meyer about intelligence matters on May 8, 2008 at the 2008 "Stories from the Near Future" conference put on by The New Yorker magazine (video accessed 06/04/08)