|Born||October 11, 1951 (age 67)|
|Alma mater||University of California Berkeley,|
Eric Haseltine (born October 11, 1951 in Death Valley, CA) is Chairman of the Board of the US Technology Leadership Council (USTLC). He is a technologist who has worked in senior-executive positions in both industry and the United States intelligence community.
Haseltine received a bachelor of arts degree in economics and psychology from the University of California, Berkeley, and a PhD in physiological psychology from Indiana University. He also has a certificate in Executive Management from UCLA's Anderson School of Management. He accomplished post-doctoral work in brain research at Vanderbilt University School of Medicine.
Haseltine spent 13 years at Hughes Aircraft, where he rose to the position of Director of Engineering. He then left for Walt Disney Imagineering in 1992, where he joined the research and development group, working on large-scale virtual-reality projects. In 1998, he was promoted to senior vice president responsible for all technology projects. In 2000, he was made Executive Vice President. Haseltine was head of research and development for Walt Disney Imagineering by the time he left in 2002 to join the National Security Agency as Director of Research. From 2005 to 2007, Haseltine was Associate Director for Science and Technology, Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI)—that organization's first—a position he described in a 2006 US News and World Report interview by stating: "You can think of me as the CTO [chief technology officer] of the intelligence community".
Haseltine currently specializes in cyber security and privacy. He also serves on the advisory board of TTI/Vanguard.
Eric married Chris Gilbert MD PhD in April, 2017, a physician, author and speaker who is also first author on his new book.
"Eric has 36 patents in optics, special effects and electronic media, and more than 150 publications in science and technical journals, the web, and Discover Magazine." 
- The Listening Cure: Healing Secrets of an Unconventional Doctor Selectbooks, NY. 2017 ISBN 978-1-59079437-1
- Long Fuse, Big Bang: Achieving Long-Term Success Through Daily Victories. Hyperion, NY, 2010. ISBN 978-1-4013-2363-9
- Brain Safari: 5 minute experiments to explore the space between your ears Greenleaf, TX, 2018. ISBN 978-1626344853
Haseltine has written numerous articles for Psychology Today, including:
- Unconscious cues that determine sexual attractiveness
- What to do when doctors haven't helped you
- What Sex Teaches Us About Leadership
- Do Some Thoughts and Feelings Live Outside our Brain?
- How to Find a Husband if You Only Have 60 Seconds
- Sex and Leadership for Women
- The Neuroscience of Intimacy
- You Aren't Who You Think You Are
- Yes, You Have a Sixth Sense, and You Should Trust It
- Why It's Vital to Empty Your Head Every Night
- National Intelligence Distinguished Service Medal
- Manager of the Year Award, from the Society for Psychologists in Management
- Hughes Patent Award
- 2006 US News and World Report interview of Haseltine when he was working for ODNI
- The New Yorker article from the January 21, 2008 issue which mentions Haseltine while discussing Disney's connection to the NSA and ODNI on page 7
- "Creative Intelligence"—video of Eric Haseltine speaking with Jane Meyer about intelligence matters on May 8, 2008 at the 2008 "Stories from the Near Future" conference put on by The New Yorker magazine (video accessed 06/04/08)
- Appearances on C-SPAN