|No. 27, 23|
August 9, 1972 |
Los Angeles, California
|Height:||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight:||201 lb (91 kg)|
|NFL Draft:||1994 / Round: 3 / Pick: 103|
|Career NFL statistics as of 1996|
|Player stats at PFR|
Eric Lee Zomalt (born August 9, 1972) is a former American football safety in the National Football League. He was drafted by the Philadelphia Eagles in the third round of the 1994 NFL Draft and played for the team from 1994−1996. He played for the New York Jets in 1996. He played college football at California.
Zomalt was selected by the Philadelphia Eagles in the third round (103rd overall) of the 1994 NFL Draft. Against the Oakland Raiders in 1995, Zomalt started in his first game after Mike Zordich became injured. He became the starting free safety for the Eagles to begin the 1996 season, but the play of rookie Brian Dawkins forced the coaching staff to bench him after two weeks. Zomalt was released on September 18, 1996. He was quickly signed by the New York Jets the same day. Zomalt started one game for the Jets at free safety, the season finale against the Miami Dolphins. After the 1996 season, Zomalt became a restricted free agent, but the Jets did not extend a qualifying offer to him, making him an unrestricted free agent. He did not sign with another team after his stint with the Jets.
Zomalt and his brother, Greg, coached together at San Leandro High School in San Leandro, California, Moreno Valley High School, Canyon Springs High School, and Citrus Hill High School in Perris, California, where Zomalt has been the head coach since 2010.
- Alexander, Jim (December 10, 2008). "Zomalt brothers the building blocks of Citrus Hills". The Press-Enterprise. Retrieved 2011-06-16.
- Patton, Steve (September 19, 1996). "Dawkins arrives and Zomalt exits". Reading Eagle. Retrieved 2011-06-16.
- Eskenazi, Gerald (December 19, 1996). "Jets' Murrell Is Best for the Worst". New York Times. Retrieved 2011-06-16.
- Litsky, Frank (December 18, 1996). "For Some Jets, Grass May Be Greener". New York Times. Retrieved 2011-06-16.
- "Jets Open the Vault for Parcells". New York Times. February 14, 1997. Retrieved 2011-06-16.
- "Eric Zomalt takes reigns at Citrus Hill". The Press-Enterprise. February 19, 2010. Archived from the original on 2011-07-24. Retrieved 2011-06-16.