Erik Gustafsson (ice hockey, born 1992)
Erik Gustafsson in 2013.
14 March 1992 |
|Height||6 ft 0.5 in (184 cm)|
|Weight||203 lb (92 kg; 14 st 7 lb)|
|NHL team (P)
Rockford IceHogs (AHL)
|NHL Draft||93rd overall, 2012
Erik Gustafsson (born 14 March 1992) is a Swedish professional ice hockey defenceman. He is currently under contract to the Chicago Blackhawks in the National Hockey League (NHL). Gustafsson was selected by the Edmonton Oilers in the 4th round (93rd overall) of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.
Gustafsson began playing hockey in Nynäshamns IF, before moving to Djurgården's youth organisation. Gustafsson represented team Stockholm in the 2008 TV-pucken, a national junior tournament, scoring four assists. He played the 2008–09 season with Djurgården's under-18 team. In the following season, Gustafsson played for both the under-18 team and the J20-team. For the 2010–11 season, Gustafsson had a permanent place in the J20-team which won their division and ended up third in the playoffs. He extended his contract with Djurgården in May 2011, to the 2013–14 season.
He was called to make his Elitserien debut in the league premier against HV71 on 15 September 2011, but did not receive any time on the ice. In his second game, against Brynäs on 27 September 2011, he made his on-ice debut, playing six minutes of the game. Gustafsson scored his first Elitserien goal on 26 December 2011 against Fredrik Norrena of Linköpings HC. On 4 April 2013, with Djurgården remaining in the Allsvenskan, Gustafsson left to return to the top level SHL in signing a contract with Frölunda HC.
After two successful seasons establishing himself in the SHL with Frölunda and with his NHL rights from Edmonton not retained, Gustafsson signed a two-year contract with the Chicago Blackhawks on 30 April 2015.
Regular season and playoffs
- "Erik Gustafsson" (PDF). Swedish Ice Hockey Association. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2 April 2012. Retrieved 29 September 2011.
- "Juniortrio förlänger med DIF" (in Swedish). Djurgårdens IF Hockey. 24 May 2011. Archived from the original on 21 September 2011. Retrieved 29 September 2011.
- "Djurgårdens IF - Brynäs IF - Statistik". hockeyligan.se (in Swedish). Svenska Hockeyligan. 30 September 2011. Archived from the original on 9 October 2011. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- "Djurgården vann streckmatchen". Svenska Dagbladet (in Swedish). 26 December 2011. Retrieved 12 January 2012.
- "Alexander Wennberg and Erik Gustafsson to Frolunda" (in Swedish). Frölunda HC. 2013-04-04. Retrieved 2013-04-04.
- "Blackhawks agree to terms with Gustafsson". Chicago Blackhawks. 2015-04-30. Retrieved 2015-05-03.
- Erik Gustafsson career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Erik Gustafsson career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
|This biographical article relating to a Swedish ice hockey centre is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|