Essex Property Trust
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Traded as||NYSE: ESS|
S&P 500 Index component
|Industry||Real estate investment trust|
|Founder||George M. Marcus|
|Headquarters||San Mateo, California|
| George M. Marcus, Chairman|
Michael J. Schall, CEO & President
|Revenue||US$1.354 billion (2017)|
|US$458 million (2017)|
|Total assets||US$12.495 billion (2017)|
|Total equity||US$6.277 billion (2017)|
Number of employees
|Footnotes / references|
On June 13, 1994, the company became a public company via an initial public offering. In 2014, the company acquired BRE Properties for $4.3 billion. The same year it was added to the S&P 500 Index.
- "Essex Property Trust, Inc. 2017 Form 10-K Annual Report". U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Donato-Weinstein, Nathan (November 14, 2014). "George Marcus, Silicon Valley real estate icon, on founding companies — and the Bay Area housing crisis". American City Business Journals.
- "Essex Property Trust, Inc. and BRE Properties Complete $16.2 Billion Merger" (Press release). Marketwired. April 1, 2014.
- Bennett, Johanna (December 19, 2013). "Essex Property, BRE Shares Slip On Merger". Barron's.
- "Essex Property Set to Join S&P 500; Cliff Natural Resources, FEI to Join S&P MidCap 400; Fabrinet, Albany Molecular Research to Join S&P SmallCap 600" (Press release). PRNewswire. March 26, 2014.
- Business data for Essex Property Trust, Inc.: