Estera is a Bermuda provider of corporate, trust, fund and accounting services involved in the Paradise Papers leak and a subsidiary of the law firm Appleby. The company was created following a management buyout of the fiduciary group of Appleby. It rebranded as Estera in April 2016.
In December 2015, "Appleby Fiduciary Business (AFB)", a Bermuda registered company and a branch of the law firm Appleby, was separated out legally from Appleby (Bermuda) through a management buy out by the private equity firm "Bridgepoint". In April 2016, it changed its name to "Estera", with a new Group managing Director Rory Gorman. The company operates from the same office as Appleby Bermuda, at Canon's court, 22 Victoria street located in Bermuda's capital Hamilton.
The name of the new company was chosen based on inputs from their staff.
In 2017, Estera acquired Morgan Sharpe (in Guernsey), Heritage financial services group (in Belfast and Malta) and Headstart s.a.r.l (Luxembourg).
As of August 2018, Estera operates through three legal entitites : Estera Services (Bermuda) Limited, Estera Management (Bermuda) Limited, Estera Securities (Bermuda) Limited. The firm also has branches in Cayman islands and Guernsey under the Estera trust (Cayman).
- "Paradise Papers Exposes Donald Trump-Russia links and Piggy Banks of the Wealthiest 1 Percent". Icij.org. Retrieved 7 November 2017.
- "ESTERA - Our history". Estera.com. Retrieved 7 November 2017.
- "Events | IoD". Iod.com. Institute of Directors. Retrieved 7 November 2017.
- "Appleby Fiduciary changes name to Estera". The Royal Gazette. 19 April 2016. Retrieved 14 August 2018.
- "Appleby Fiduciary re-brands as Estera; makes senior appointments". Cayman Funds Magazine. Cayman funds (magazine). Retrieved 14 August 2018.
- "Management Buyout of Appleby Fiduciary Business Completes". Estera. Company press release. 2 January 2016. Retrieved 14 August 2018.
- "Appleby Fiduciary Business rebrands as Estera". We Are Guernsey. 22 April 2016. Retrieved 14 August 2018.
- "Our history and timeline (1890 to 2017)". Estera. Estera official website. Retrieved 14 August 2018.
- "About us - jurisdictions - Bermuda". Estera. Estra official website. Retrieved 14 August 2018.
- "Estera - Cayman". Estera. Official website - Estra. Retrieved 14 August 2018.