Eurasian Resources Group
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (August 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||Metals and Mining|
|Products||2017 Sales Data: Ferroalloys (1.5 million tonnes) Iron ore products (10.4 million tonnes) Alumina (1.0 million tonnes) Aluminium (247 thousand tonnes) Copper (141 thousand tonnes) Cobalt (3.0 thousand tonnes) Steam coal (13.7 million tonnes) Electricity (production - 14.6 GWh).|
Number of employees
|More than 69,000, and over 85,000 including contractors (2018) |
Eurasian Resources Group (ERG) S.à r.l. is a leading diversified natural resources producer. Since the corporation's foundation in 1994, ERG has become one of the world's leading mining and smelting groups.
Alexander Machkevitch is Chairman of the Board of Managers of Eurasian Resources Group and Mr Benedikt Sobotka is Chief Executive Officer. Mr Sobotka is a former member of the Boston Consulting Group (BCG) and has advised multiple leading companies globally.
Eurasian Resources Group owns fully integrated mining, processing, energy production, logistics and marketing operations. With a product portfolio in steelmaking materials, non-ferrous and energy, it is the world's largest producer of ferrochrome by chrome content. ERG supplies electricity in Central Asia, where they are also a large railway operator.
In Kazakhstan, the group's major assets include: TNC Kazchrome, Sokolov-Sarbai Mining Production Association (SSGPO), Aluminium of Kazakhstan (AoK), Kazakhstan Aluminum Smelter (KAS), Eurasian Energy Corporation (EEC), Shubarkol Komir and TransCom.
In Africa, ERG owns production and development stage assets in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Zambia, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Mozambique and Mali.
- "ERG Key Figures". Eurasian Resources Group. Retrieved 18 January 2019.
- "ERG webpage". Eurasian Resources Group. Retrieved 5 December 2016.
- "RFCA Ratings. Mining and Metals Industry of the Republic of Kazakhstan 2015" (PDF). RFCA Ratings. Retrieved 18 December 2016.
- "Kazakhstan webpage". ERG Kazakhstan. Retrieved 5 December 2016.
- "ERG taps China for more than $2.5bn of new project financing". Financial Times. Retrieved 15 December 2016.
- "Luxembourg Economic Mission to China". Luxembourg Economic Mission to China. Retrieved 7 December 2016.
- "World Economic Forum". World Economic Forum. Retrieved 15 December 2016.
- "Aluminium of Kazakhstan boosts investment in expansion projects 10% in 2016". Interfax. Retrieved 7 December 2016.
- "World Economic Forum. Eurasian Resources Group". World Economic Forum. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- Oliveira, David. "Africa central to future growth". Mining Weekly (Creamer Media). Archived from the original on 20 December 2016.
- Official website
- Eurasian Resources Group in Kazakhstan
- Eurasian Resources Group in Brazil: Bahia Mineração
- Bloomberg: Company Overview of Eurasian Resources Group S.à r.l.
- Eurasian Resources Group is a strategic partner associate of the World Economic Forum