Eurofly Flash Light
|Eurofly Flash Light|
€26,850 (assembled, 2015)
The Eurofly Flash Light (sometimes styled by the manufacturer as FLASHlight) is an Italian ultralight aircraft, designed and produced by Eurofly Srl, of Galliera Veneta. The aircraft is supplied as a kit for amateur construction or as a complete ready-to-fly-aircraft.
Design and development
The aircraft was designed to comply with the Fédération Aéronautique Internationale microlight rules. It features a strut-braced high-wing, a two-seats-in-side-by-side configuration enclosed cockpit, fixed tricycle landing gear and a single engine in tractor configuration.
The aircraft fuselage is made from welded steel tubing, with the wing made from aluminum tubing, all covered in heat-shrunk Dacron aircraft fabric. Its 8.5 m (27.9 ft) span wing has an area of 13.5 m2 (145 sq ft) and is supported by V-struts with jury struts. The standard engine available is the 64 hp (48 kW) Rotax 582 two-stroke, which gives a cruising speed of 130 km/h (81 mph), with the 80 hp (60 kW) Rotax 912UL four-stroke powerplant optional, which gives a cruising speed of 160 km/h (99 mph).
Specifications (Flash Light)
- Crew: one
- Capacity: one passenger
- Length: 6.5 m (21 ft 4 in)
- Wingspan: 8.5 m (27 ft 11 in)
- Height: 1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)
- Wing area: 13.5 m2 (145 sq ft)
- Empty weight: 255 kg (562 lb)
- Gross weight: 450 kg (992 lb)
- Fuel capacity: 50 litres (11 imp gal; 13 US gal)
- Powerplant: 1 × Rotax 582 two cylinder, liquid-cooled, two stroke aircraft engine, 48 kW (64 hp)
- Maximum speed: 180 km/h (112 mph; 97 kn)
- Cruise speed: 130 km/h (81 mph; 70 kn)
- Stall speed: 50 km/h (31 mph; 27 kn)
- Never exceed speed: 200 km/h (124 mph; 108 kn)
- g limits: +6/-4
- Maximum glide ratio: 10:1 at 100 km/h
- Rate of climb: 5 m/s (980 ft/min)
- Rate of sink: 2.5 m/s (490 ft/min)
- Wing loading: 33 kg/m2 (6.8 lb/sq ft)
- Bayerl, Robby; Martin Berkemeier; et al: World Directory of Leisure Aviation 2011-12, page 47. WDLA UK, Lancaster UK, 2011. ISSN 1368-485X
- Tacke, Willi; Marino Boric; et al: World Directory of Light Aviation 2015-16, page 48. Flying Pages Europe SARL, 2015. ISSN 1368-485X
- Purdy, Don: AeroCrafter - Homebuilt Aircraft Sourcebook, Fifth Edition, page 151. BAI Communications, 15 July 1998. ISBN 0-9636409-4-1
- Eurofly Srl (n.d.). "Flash Light" (PDF). Retrieved 13 June 2012.