This article includes a list of general references, but it remains largely unverified because it lacks sufficient corresponding inline citations. (April 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The European grid is a proposed, multipurpose Pan-European mapping standard. It is based on the ETRS89 Lambert Azimuthal Equal-Area projection coordinate reference system, with the centre of the projection at the point 52° N, 10° E and false easting: x0 = 4321000 m, false northing: y0 = 3210000 m (CRS identifier in Inspire: ETRS89-LAEA). 
The grid is designated as Grid_ETRS89-LAEA5210. For identification of an individual resolution level, the name is extended by identification of cell size in metres (example: _100K).
The origin of Grid_ETRS89-LAEA5210 coincides with the false origin of the ETRS89-LAEA coordinate reference system (x=0, y=0). Grid points of grids based on ETRS89-LAEA must coincide with grid points at Grid_ETRS89-LAEA5210.
The grid is defined as hierarchical one in metric coordinates in power of 10. The resolution of the grid is 1m, 10m, 100m, 1000m, 10,000m, 100,000m. The grid orientation is south-north, west-east. The reference point of the grid cell for grids based on ETRS89-LAEA is the lower left corner of the grid cell.
- Official requirements, directives 2007/2/EC of the European Parliament: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2010:323:0011:0102:EN:PDF
- Current implementation of requirements, as INSPIRE standard: https://inspire.ec.europa.eu/documents/Data_Specifications/INSPIRE_DataSpecification_GG_v3.1.pdf
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Map with ETRS89-LAEA projection.|
- Source: INSPIRE Reference Systems Thematic Working Group
- INSPIRE Specifications: Geographical grid systems
- Alessandro Annoni, ed. (October 2003). European Reference Grids. Proposal for a European Grid System. Workshop Proceedings and Recommendations (PDF). EUR Report 21494 EN. pp. 39–46. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2014-05-27. Retrieved 2014-05-27.
- D2.8.I.2 Specifications on Geographical Grid Systems – Draft Guidelines (PDF), INSPIRE Thematic Working Group “TWG-RS”, 19 December 2008, pp. VII
|This science article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|