Evgeny Romanov (chess player)
|Full name||Evgeny Anatolyevich Romanov|
|Born||November 2, 1988|
Kaliningrad, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union
|Title||Grandmaster (2007) International Master (2005)|
|FIDE rating||2597 (November 2019)|
|Peak rating||2662 (July 2013)|
In 1998 he won the Russian and World Youth Chess Championships in Oropesa del Mar  in the Under-10 division. He was first in the European Youth Chess Championships in groups under 12 (Halkidiki, 2000) and under 14 years old (Peniscola, 2002).
He won in the individual competition of Russian championship among students (Belgorod, 2008)
At international competitions: Euroorient Masters, Nice, (2008) - 1st place; Rapid Chess tournament "Liepaja Castling" (2008) and (2015) - 1st place; XXXIII Tenkes Kupa, Harkany, (2009) - 1st place; festival of intellectual games, Cannes, (2012) - 1st place; LGA Cup, Nuremberg, (2012 and 2013) - 1st place; 4t torneig obert ITT Jahv McGregor a Bogotá, Colòmbia - 1st place; Festival Sunway Sitges  - 1st place and many others.
Recognized as the best player of the Deutsche Schach Bundesliga season 2012/2013 .
Bronze medalist of the European Championship among men, (Legnica, 2013) .
Participant of the World Cup - Khanty-Mansiysk, 2011 and Tromso, 2013.
In club competitions, among other things, he played for the teams “Debut-DVGTU” (Vladivostok), “South Ural” (Chelyabinsk), "Chigorin chess club” (St. Petersburg). Abroad played for Erfurter Schachklub (Germany) , Sportfreunde Katernberg 1913 E.V. (Germany) , Kristiansund Sjakklubb  and Vaalerenga Sjakklubb, - champion of Norway, (2011, 2015 and 2016, 2017, 2018), ŠK AD Jičín Czech Republic .
Bronze medalist of the 2018 Batumi Olympics and silver medalist of the 2019 European teams championship as a coach of the Georgian women's team.
- "World Championship: list of medals (Boys U-10)". Chess.gr. Retrieved 2013-12-13.
- "Festival internacional d'escacs Sunway Sitges".
- "Schachbundesliga — Berichte — Statistik zur Saison 2012/13".Archived 2013-08-19 at the Wayback Machine
- Crowther, Mark (2013-05-16). "14th European Individual Championships 2013". The Week in Chess. Retrieved 2013-12-13.
- "Sportfreunde Katernberg — Schachabteilun".
- "Kristiansund Sjakklubb".
- "ŠK AD Jičín".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Evgeny Romanov.|
- Evgeny Romanov chess games at 365Chess.com
- Evgeny Romanov player profile and games at Chessgames.com
|This biographical article relating to a Russian chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|