4 March 1981 |
Carlisle, Cumbria, England
|Height||188 cm (6 ft 2 in)|
|Weight||108 kg (17 st 0 lb) |
|Source: Rugby League Project|
Ewan Dowes is a rugby league footballer who has played for Leeds Rhinos and Hull. Dowes' usual position is Prop. He has played representative football for England. Ewan Dowes was sport's first owner of a dual rugby code contract.
He attended Sedbergh School, Sedbergh near Kendal where he played on both the 1st XV and 1st XI. In his final year at Sedbergh he trained and played alongside James Simpson-Daniel. A review of his performance in the school magazine states: "Ewan Dowes was well to the fore in all departments, carrying the ball powerfully, scummaging purposefully."
Dowes signed for Hull in 2003. He played for Hull at prop forward in their 2005 Challenge Cup victory against the Leeds Rhinos. Hull reached the 2006 Super League Grand final to be contested against St Helens RLFC and Dowes played as a prop forward in his side's 4-26 loss. He was released after his contract expired at the end of the 2011 Super League season.
- "Hull F.C.". web page. Hull F.C. Retrieved 10 August 2011.
- "Leeds crack rugby codes". BBC. 2001-05-01. Retrieved 2007-06-27.
- "Dowes signs for Hull". BBC. 2003-07-30. Retrieved 2007-06-27.
- "St Helens 26-4 Hull FC". BBC News. 14 October 2006. Retrieved 18 August 2013.
- "Dowes praises Hull's self-belief". BBC. 2006-10-07. Retrieved 2007-06-27.