Moon at the New York Comic Con in Manhattan, October 10, 2010.
|Born||June 5, 1976|
São Paulo, Brazil
Fábio has been writing comics for almost 15 years, and has been published in France, Italy, Spain, the US, and Brazil. He began self-publishing comics with his brother in 1993; their first mini-series, "Sunflower and the Moon", from 1997 was released by a Brazilian publisher as a graphic novel in 2000.
They published in the United States for the first time in 1999, with the mini-series ROLAND - days of wrath, written and self-published by Shane Amaya. In the US, they have contributed on the Dark Horse anthology Autobiographix, published in 2003, alongside such comic book greats as Frank Miller and Will Eisner.
Their independent comic book ROCK'n'ROLL was picked up by Image Comics and published in November 2005.
In 2006, they released De:TALES with Dark Horse, elected by Booklist as one of the 10 best Graphic Novels of that year and nominated for an Eisner Award for Best U.S. Publication of international material.
- "Vasilis" (script and art, in 5, self-published, 2007)
- Casanova #8-14 (with Matt Fraction, ongoing series, Image Comics, August 2007 - May 2008)
- PIXU (with Becky Cloonan, Vasilis Lolos, and Gabriel Bá, 2-issue mini-series comics anthology, self-published, July–November 2008, hardcover, PIXU: The Mark of Evil, Dark Horse Comics, July 2009, ISBN 1-59582-340-9)
- Daytripper #1-10 (with Gabriel Bá, 10-issue limited series, Vertigo Comics, February–November 2010)
- B.P.R.D.: 1947 (with Gabriel Bá; #s 1–5, 2009–2010; collected: July 20, 2010, ISBN 978-1-59582-478-3)
- Serenity: Firefly Class 03-K64 (written by Zack Whedon; May 5, 2012)
- Two Brothers (with Gabriel Bá, based on a novel by Milton Hatoum, hardcover, Dark Horse 2015, ISBN 978-1616558567)
- "Ursula" (with Gabriel Bá, softcover from AIT/Planetlar 2004, ISBN 978-1932051223)
De:TALES was nominated for the 2007 Eisner Award for "Best U.S. Edition of International Material".
- Fábio Moon and Grabriel Bá. "Pãezinhos". Fábio Moon and Grabriel Bá's Blog. Retrieved 10 April 2014.
- "Gabriel Bá". Comic Book Database. ComicBookDB.com. Retrieved 10 April 2014.
- Arrant, Chris (July 18, 2008). "Team PIXU: Cloonan, Ba, Moon and Lolos Talk". Comic Book Resources. Retrieved February 9, 2010.
- Seifert, Brandon (August 20, 2008). "Talking PIXU with Moon, Ba, Cloonan and Lolos". Comic Book Resources. Retrieved February 9, 2010.
- Humphries, Sam (March 15, 2009). "Free the PIXU Four: A chat with Bá, Cloonan, Lolos, and Moon". Robot 6. Comic Book Resources. Retrieved February 9, 2010.
- PIXU: The Mark of Evil at Dark Horse Comics.com
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-11-14. Retrieved 2012-05-16.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "2008 Eisner Award Winners". Archived from the original on 2010-11-14. Retrieved 2008-08-03.
|This profile of a comics artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Brazilian artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|