|Predecessor||Waste Recycling Group|
Focsa Services UK
|Paul Taylor (Chief Executive)|
Number of employees
|Parent||Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas|
FCC Environment (UK) Limited is a waste management company headquartered in Northampton, United Kingdom and a wholly owned subsidiary of Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas. It was formed in May 2012 through the merger and rebranding of Focsa Services and Waste Recycling Group.
- business waste services, including waste collection and recycling services;
- municipal services, including household waste collection, street cleaning, and parks and gardens maintenance;
- recycling, including provision of material recycling facilities and ousehold waste recycling centres;
- Green energy, including Energy from Waste, wind energy and energy crops, and
- waste processing, including industrial waste treatment and hazardous waste and landfill disposal.
FCC Environment's head office is in Northampton with a major regional office located in Doncaster. FCC Environment has around 2,400 staff and operates around 200 facilities across England, Scotland and Wales.
- "Waste Recycling Group buys Hanson Waste Management for £185m". letsrecycle.com. 22 December 2000. Retrieved 16 October 2012.
- "Hanson sells waste arm for £185m". The Telegraph. 23 December 2000. Retrieved 16 October 2012.
- "Landfill group to change Hands after £315m takeover". The Scotsman. 10 June 2003. Retrieved 16 October 2012.
- "FCC completes £1.4bn acquisition of Waste Recycling Group". letsrecycle.com. 28 September 2006. Retrieved 16 October 2012.
- "FCC Buys Waste Recycler From Hands for 1.4 Bln Pounds". Bloomberg. 17 July 2006. Retrieved 16 October 2012.
- "WRG and Focsa rebranded as FCC Environment". letsrecycle.com. 14 May 2012. Retrieved 16 October 2012.
- "FCC Environment merger puts recycling and renewable energy at its core". Materials Recycling Week. 7 September 2012. Retrieved 16 October 2012.
- "Services". FCC Environment. Retrieved 16 October 2012.
- "Waste recycling bins". www.cpkitchencomponents.co.uk. Retrieved 24 December 2015.
|This waste-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a company of the UK is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|