Falling Deeper cover
|Compilation album by Anathema|
|Released||5 September 2011|
|Recorded||Parr St Studios, Liverpool|
|Producer||Daniel Cavanagh, Vincent Cavanagh|
Falling Deeper is an album of orchestral re-interpretations from British atmospheric rock band Anathema released on 5 September 2011. The album is a follow-up to 2008's Hindsight, for which the band recorded different versions of their past songs.
The album was produced by singer/guitarist Vincent Cavanagh and guitarist and main composer of the band Daniel Cavanagh who defines the record as “a nod to our past and a look to our future all at the same time, with a sound that is designed to transport you to the heart of the present moment.” The mixing was made by Andrea Wright at Parr Street Studios in Liverpool. The orchestral arrangements are composed by the band in collaboration with Dave Stewart who worked with Anathema on We're Here Because We're Here.
The songs received new musical and vocal arrangements with 'feedback' lead guitars centred on a grand piano and a rhythm section. Dutch singer Anneke van Giersbergen sings on "Everwake", a song originally released on the 1992 EP The Crestfallen, and on "...Alone".
Original writers of each songs, below
|1.||"Crestfallen" (From EP The Crestfallen)||D. Cavanagh||3:07|
|2.||"Sleep in Sanity" (From album Serenades)||3:54|
|3.||"Kingdom" (From EP Pentecost III)||4:28|
|4.||"They Die" (From EP The Crestfallen)||2:11|
|5.||"Everwake" (From EP The Crestfallen)||3:09|
|6.||"J'ai Fait une Promesse" (From album Serenades)||4:24|
|7.||"...Alone" (From album The Silent Enigma)||D. Cavanagh||D. Cavanagh, V. Cavanagh, Douglas, Patterson||7:17|
|8.||"We, the Gods" (From EP Pentecost III)||3:03|
|9.||"Sunset of Age" (From album The Silent Enigma)||Patterson, Vincent O'Connell||D. Cavanagh, V. Cavanagh, Douglas, Patterson||7:41|
- Daniel Cavanagh – guitars
- Jamie Cavanagh – bass
- Vincent Cavanagh – vocals, guitars, keyboards
- John Douglas – drums
- Lee Douglas – vocals
- Additional personnel
- Anneke van Giersbergen – vocals on "Everwake" and "...Alone"
|Dutch Albums (MegaCharts)||44|
|Finnish Albums (Suomen virallinen lista)||37|
|French Albums (SNEP)||122|
|German Albums (Offizielle Top 100)||60|
- Spencer, Trey (6 September 2011). "Review: Anathema - Falling Deeper | Sputnikmusic". sputnikmusic.com. Retrieved 10 April 2013.
- Jurek, Thom. "Falling Deeper - Anathema : Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards : AllMusic". allmusic.com. Retrieved 10 April 2013.
- "Anathema's official website news". Archived from the original on 2013-01-17.
- "Dutchcharts.nl – Anathema – We're Here Because We're Here" (in Dutch). Hung Medien. Retrieved 20 August 2011.
- "Anathema: We're Here Because We're Here" (in Finnish). Musiikkituottajat – IFPI Finland. Retrieved 20 August 2011.
- "Lescharts.com – Anathema – We're Here Because We're Here". Hung Medien. Retrieved 20 August 2011.
- "Officialcharts.de – Anathema – We're Here Because We're Here". GfK Entertainment Charts. Retrieved 20 August 2011.
|This 2010s metal album–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|