|Studio album by Malcolm McLaren|
|Recorded||1984, Syncro Studio, Boston; Unique Studios and The Hit Factory, New York City|
|Label||UK Charisma Records
USA Island/Atco/Atlantic Records
|Malcolm McLaren chronology|
|Singles from Fans|
|Robert Christgau||B+ link|
Fans is a 1984 album by Malcolm McLaren. It was a successful attempt at fusing opera with 1980s R&B and contains adaptations of pieces from famous operas such as Madama Butterfly and Carmen. The opera recordings were made at the Unitarian Church, Belmont, Massachusetts by Stephen Hague and Walter Turbitt.
|1.||"Madam Butterfly (Un bel dì vedremo)" (from Puccini's opera Madama Butterfly)||Stephen Hague, Malcolm McLaren, Walter Turbitt||6:32|
|2.||"Fans (Nessun dorma)" (from Puccini's opera Turandot)||M. McLaren, R. Kilgore||3:50|
|3.||"Carmen (L'Oiseau Rebelle)" (from Bizet's opera Carmen)||M. McLaren, R. Kilgore, S. Hague, W. Turbitt||4:55|
|4.||"Boy's Chorus (Là Sui Monti Dell'Est)" (from Puccini's opera Turandot)||M. McLaren, R. Kilgore||4:30|
|5.||"Lauretta (O mio babbino caro)" (from Puccini's opera Gianni Schicchi)||M. McLaren, R. Kilgore||5:20|
|6.||"Death of Butterfly (Tu Tu Piccolo)" (from Puccini's opera Madama Butterfly)||M. McLaren, R. Kilgore||4:58|
- "Madam Butterfly (On-The-Fly Mix)"
- "Madam Butterfly (Ocean Mix)"
- "Carmen (Instrumental Remix)"
- "Death of Butterfly (Instrumental)"
- Timothy McFarland – Conductor and Operatic Coordinator
- Malcolm McLaren – Production
- Robbie Kilgore – Production
- Mike Finleyson – Engineering
- Tom Lord-Alge – Engineering
- Jeff Neiblum – Assistant Engineering
- John Davenport – Associate Engineering
- Bradshaw Leigh – Mixing
- Nick Egan – Cover Design
- Robert Erdman – Photography
- Bob Green – "Butterfly Ball" Photography
|This 1980s album–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|