Fascination (Alphabeat song)
|Single by Alphabeat|
|from the album This Is Alphabeat|
6 June 2006 (Denmark)|
16 May 2008 (Europe)
|Format||Digital download, CD single, 7"|
|Alphabeat singles chronology|
|Alphabeat UK singles chronology|
"Fascination" is the first single released by Danish pop group Alphabeat. It was first released in Denmark on 6 June 2006, followed by a worldwide release on 16 May 2008. The song reached number 6 on the UK Singles Chart.
It was used as the music for a Coca-Cola advert. In Turkey, the song was used in an advertising campaign for Coca-Cola Zero, in Germany and Belgium for Coca Cola Light. The Bimbo Jones Mix of the song was played in American Eagle Stores in the United States. It is also a playable song in the video game Band Hero and is available to play in the video game Rock Band 2 via downloadable content.
The song was also sung by all remaining contestants from series 6 of the British singing contest The X Factor, in week 3 of the live results shows. In 2010, Alphabeat performed the song on the Danish version of the show.
Alphabeat released the song in the UK in anticipation of the international edition of their debut album. They performed the song on GMTV around the time of release and were interviewed by Fiona Phillips and Ben Shephard. On the day of release, Alphabeat performed the song on Channel 4 teatime show Richard & Judy.
The song debuted at number 23 on the UK Singles Chart. It then rose to number seven after its physical release. A week later, it peaked at number six, fell to number 13 the following week, then rose to number 10, and for several weeks after hovered outside the top 10 at number 12 and 13. On 24 August 2008, the song rose 14 places from 73 to 59, nearly six months after it was released. BPI awarded the song a Silver certification in October 2008. It has sold 300,000 copies in the UK as of April 2015.
All officially released remixes/edits (released on various promo singles) are listed below:
- Fascination (Alphabeat vs. Frankmusik Main)
- Fascination (Alphabeat vs. Frankmusik Edit)
- Fascination (Alphabeat vs. Frankmusik Alternative Edit)
- Fascination (Alternative Edit) (Him Up Her Down)
- Fascination (Bimbo Jones Main)
- Fascination (Bimbo Jones Edit)
- Fascination (The Count & Sinden Remix)
- Fascination (Instrumental)
- Fascination (Linus Loves Dub)
- Fascination (Linus Loves Main)
- Fascination (Linus Loves Edit)
- Fascination (Muzzle Flash Remix)
- on YouTube
- "Alphabeat: Artist Chart History". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 2010-08-08.
- "Certified Awards Search" Archived 2010-01-17 at WebCite. British Phonographic Industry. Retrieved 2010-08-08.
- "Pop Gem #101: Alphabeat – Fascination".
- "Alphabeat – Fascination Hitlisten.nu" (in Danish). Tracklisten.
- "Austriancharts.at – Alphabeat – Fascination" (in German). Ö3 Austria Top 40. Retrieved 2010-08-08.
- "Ultratop.be – Alphabeat – Fascination" (in French). Ultratip. Retrieved 2010-08-08.
- "Ultratop.be – Alphabeat – Fascination" (in Dutch). Ultratop 50. Retrieved 2010-08-08.
- "Musicline.de – Alphabeat Single-Chartverfolgung" (in German). Media Control Charts. PhonoNet GmbH. Retrieved 2010-08-08.
- "Archívum – Slágerlisták – MAHASZ" (in Hungarian). Rádiós Top 40 játszási lista. Magyar Hanglemezkiadók Szövetsége.
- "Chart Track: Week 18, 2008". Irish Singles Chart.
- "Nederlandse Top 40 – week 24, 2008" (in Dutch). Dutch Top 40
- "SNS IFPI" (in Slovak). Hitparáda – Radio Top 100 Oficiálna. IFPI Czech Republic. Note: insert 200816 into search.
- "Swedishcharts.com – Alphabeat – Fascination". Singles Top 100. Retrieved 2010-08-08.
- "Swisscharts.com – Alphabeat – Fascination". Swiss Singles Chart. Retrieved 2010-08-08.
- "FDR Pop Singles Chart #345 ~ 10 Лютого - 17 Лютого 2008 (10 Feb - 17 Feb 2008)". 10 February 2008. Archived from the original on October 7, 2014. Retrieved 10 February 2008.
- "Year End Chart 2008" (PDF). UKChartsPlus. 2008.
- "British single certifications – Alphabeat – Fascination". British Phonographic Industry. Select singles in the Format field. Select Silver in the Certification field. Enter Fascination in the search field and then press Enter.