This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (October 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (January 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Launched||April 8, 2010|
|Owned by||Bigfoot Entertainment|
|Picture format||2160p (Ultra HD)|
|Slogan||Fashion One, My Style|
246 West Broadway, |
New York, NY, U.S.
|Intelsat 805||3808 V|
|ABS 2||12093 V|
|Ekspress AT1||12341 L|
|Eutelsat 36B||11958 L|
|Astra 5B||12012 V|
|Astra 2G||11686 V|
|Eutelsat Hot Bird 13D||
|Eutelsat 9A||11919 V|
|Eutelsat 8 West B||
|Intelsat 805||3808 V|
|Amazonas 2||10728 V|
|NSS 12||11105 H|
|MEASAT-3a||4120 H (HD)|
|Astra 1L||11112 H (HD)|
|SES-6||4544 R (HD)|
|NSS 806||4178 L (HD)|
|SES-3||4140 V (HD)|
|Macau Cable TV (Macau)||Channel 441|
|myTV Super(Hong Kong)||Channel 603|
Fashion One is a global television network founded by Michael Gleissner and owned by the New York-based entertainment company, Bigfoot Entertainment. Launched on April 8, 2010, the TV network broadcasts programming related to fashion, entertainment and lifestyle internationally across multiple platforms, including direct-to-home satellite television, cable television, internet television and IPTV.
Fashion One operates internationally with offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. It has also been the partner of various global fashion-related events, including Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, House of iKons, and Perth Fashion Festival. As of October 2014, the channel has 14 feeds and has reached over 100 million viewers worldwide.
Michael Gleissner, a German entrepreneur founded the channel and its parent company, Bigfoot Entertainment, in 2004. The Fashion One Channel began broadcasting on April 8, 2010 under Fashion One Television LLC. It was initially available in the Philippines and Thailand to millions of households across free-to-air (FTA) and direct-to-home (DTH) satellites. It was then distributed globally via three satellites, namely the Galaxy 19 at 97°W, Hot Bird at 13°E and AsiaSat 3S at 105.5°E. The channel raised US$14 million in September to boost its in-house production slate as well as expanding its reach by adding more satellite capacity and upgrading existing broadcasts to full HD. Fashion One TV network later expanded its operation in Malaysia, Hong Kong, Japan, Taiwan, Africa, Western Europe and the United States  It updated its production format from HD to Ultra HD in 2014 and launched Fashion 4K under the Fashion One television network on September 1, 2015.
Fashion One's programming is divided into two categories: core programming and original programming. The core programming primarily consists of content which is provided by external parties, while the original programming is produced by the network itself.
- Front Row (since 2012, 2 seasons) - critiquing fashion shows hosted by Rachel Anthony with Sam Simmons and Kiri Bloore
- Design Genius (since 2013, 3 seasons) - reality series competition starring Dan Babic and Sandra Bakkar
- Eco Fashion (since 2012, 2 seasons) - documentary series focusing on sustainable fashion.
- Fashion One Correspondent Search (since 2012, 2 seasons) - reality TV competition, featuring Fam Irvoll, Tom Van Der Boght and Zoe Van Gastel.
- Underwater Action (since 2011, 3 seasons) - reality series model competition, known as Outer Space in Blue on the Mandarin channel.
- From Corsets to Catwalk (2012, 1 season) - historical fashion talk show hosted by Rocio Vidal and Carmen Yvette.
- Yoga Health and Wellbeing (1 season) - lifestyle program exploring yoga and meditation.
- Model Workout (1 season) - fitness program that follows different runway models and their workout routines.
- Model Yoga (2011, 1 season) - health and wellness program hosted by Chelsea Hunter.
- Stefanie’s Style Diaries (since 2013, 6 seasons) - fashion travel show starring Stefanie Rycraft Jones
- Fashion Filmmakers (2013, 1 season) - reality series following a film-making competition starring Nicola Claire Johnson and Reveka Kogan.
- Style Wars (2013, 1 season) - reality series competition hosted by Rachel Anthony.
- Dining with Style (2014, 1 season) - program focusing on food and drink with Stefanie Rycraft Jones and Vanessa Adonis.
- Elite Model Look (since 2014, 2 seasons) - documentary chronicling models as they work for Elite Model Agency.
- Fashion on a Plate (2014, 1 season) - fashion and cooking series
- Fashion Frontline (since 2012, 3 seasons) - fashion news show, broadcast in both English and Spanish, hosted by Tiffany Schultz and Rocio Vidal.
- From the Runway - interviews and commentary from designers, models and make-up artists
- One to Watch - following emerging talent in the fashion industry
- One on One - examining the lives and personalities of successful women in all industries.
- Beauty Fix - series offering reviews, advice, and tips on beauty and skincare trends.
- Fashion Exposed - interviews, fashion advice, and trend reports from various people in the fashion industry.
- Invitation Only - access to special fashion events and interviews with celebrities and models.
- Passport to Fashion - follows models, designers, and other industry insiders as they show viewers their favorite places to shop, eat, and relax.
- What’s "Haute"? - show focusing on luxury and glamour and features fine dining, art galleries, and high-end fashion.
- Street Style - series highlighting global street style with special guest appearances from stylists and bloggers.
- Sound of Fashion - show exploring the "fashion film" media form.
Fashion One reaches 431 million homes in 170 countries in 5 continents with localized in Hong Kong, Taiwan, Spain, Russia, Latin America and Africa.
In Asia, the channel is seen live via direct broadcast satellite service providers, free-to-air on AsiaSat 3s. It is seen all over Asia in Hong Kong, Indonesia, Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Macau, Myanmar and Mongolia.
- Now TV (Hong Kong)
- TVB (Hong Kong)
- First Media (Indonesia)
- Skynindo (Indonesia)
- Big TV (Indonesia)
- KT (Korea)
- Macau Cable TV (Macau)
- ABNxess (Malaysia)
- Sky Media (Mongolia)
- Univision (Mongolia)
- Forever Group (Myanmar)
- Sky Net (Myanmar)
- Cablelink (Philippines)
- Starhub (Singapore)
- Chunghwa MOD (Taiwan)
- APG (Taiwan)
- CNS (Taiwan)
- Cable Thai (Thailand)
- B.S. Sat (Georgia)
- Caucasus Online (Georgia)
- Silk TV (Georgia)
- Super TV (Georgia)
- Alma TV (Kazakhstan)
- Bashinformsvyaz (Russia)
- ER-Telecom (Russia)
- Home IP TV (Russia)
- Intersvyaz-2 (Russia)
- Kaskad (Russia)
- Komtehcentr (Russia)
- KovrovTelecom (Russia)
- MTS (Russia)
- CJSC (Russia)
- Nauka-Svyaz (Russia)
- Salzburg AG (Austria)
- Liwest (Austria)
- MTIS (Belarus)
- Axioma (Belarus)
- Proximus (Belgium)
- Telenet (Belgium)
- EZ TiVi/EZ Cable (Bulgaria)
- Neterra (Bulgaria)
- N3 (Bulgaria)
- North West Union (Bulgaria)
- Satellite BG (Bulgaria)
- TeleKabel (Bulgaria)
- CanalSat (France)
- Orange (France)
- KabelKiosk (Germany)
- HOL my TV (Greece)
- 365 Media (Iceland)
- Baltkom TV (Latvia)
- Izzi (Latvia)
- Nova TV (Latvia)
- TEO (Latvia)
- Kava Media (Lithuania)
- Nubo TV (Lithuania)
- Splius (Lithuania)
- tango generation (Luxembourg)
- INEA S.A. (Poland)
- Ogrody (Poland)
- Tesat (Poland)
- EVIO Sp (Poland)
- Optimus (Poland)
- StarNet (Moldavia)
- Orange (Romania)
- SC Intersat SRL (Romania)
- Ambra (Romania)
- Kozitskiy PE (Russia)
- Tango (Slovakia)
- T-2 (Slovenia)
- ONO (Spain)
- Naxoo (Switzerland)
- Volia (Ukraine)
- VseTV (Ukraine)
- Freesat and Sky (United Kingdom)
- UNE (Colombia)
- Cablevision Monterrey (Mexico)
- Maxcom (Mexico)
- Movistar (Perú)
Middle East & Africa
- YahLive - (Afghanistan, Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Jordan, Kuwait, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Tunisia, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates)
- StarTimes - (Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda)
- DSTV - (South Africa and Lesotho)
- Zuku - (Kenya, Malawi, Tanzania, Uganda)
- Mauritius Telecom - (Mauritius)
- Cable and Wireless Seychelles - (Seychelles)
Fashion One television network also includes the channels F.O., Fashion First, Fashion 4K and Fashion One 4K.
Fashion One 4K
Fashion One 4K is a satellite television channel broadcast in Asia, Latin America and North America that operates under the Fashion One television network. The channel was launched on September 1, 2015, and is the first English language free-to-air channel to be broadcast in 4K resolution (or Ultra High Definition) in the continents mentioned above.
In addition to its regular programming, Fashion One promotes social, political, and environmental activism. The channel's approach to activism can be seen in The Girl With No Number, talking about the facts and figures of human trafficking; Light A Million Homes, targeting sustainable solar energy; and Haiyan Relief Campaign, a relief campaign for victims of typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines.
Fashion One Foundation
All of these campaigns have been organized by the Fashion One Foundation, a nonprofit organization that raises awareness about poverty, human trafficking and other educational and environmental issues. In collaboration with its partners – Fashion Hope, Bigfoot Entertainment, Traffic Jam, and MTV EXIT – the foundation seeks to prevent modern slavery and other violations of human rights. The Fashion One Foundation was founded in 2013.
- staff (July 29, 2005). "Hollywood in Cebu?". Manila Bulletin. Archived from the original on 28 July 2012. Retrieved 9 February 2011.
- Landreth, Jonathan (November 2, 2010). "Bigfoot Entertainment Expands, Launches Distribution Company". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 8 February 2011.
- "Fashion One LLC Makes World Debut". April 9, 2010. Retrieved December 7, 2015.
- Major, Rose (October 14, 2010). "Fashion One TV adds Malaysian Channel". Rapid TV News. Retrieved December 7, 2015.
- "Fashion One TV expands coverage in Sub-Saharan Africa with GlobeCast". Advanced Television. December 22, 2011. Retrieved December 7, 2015.
- "Fashion One 4K channel launches globally » Digital TV Europe". www.digitaltveurope.net. Retrieved 2015-09-03.
- "Fashion One Introduces New Programming Block". Broadway World News. October 1, 2014. Retrieved December 9, 2015.
- "Fashion One Launches First UHD Fashion Channel, Fashion One 4K, Worldwide with MEASAT". Retrieved 2015-10-02.
- "Fashion One 4K channel launches globally » Digital TV Europe". www.digitaltveurope.net. Retrieved 2015-10-02.
- "The Girl With No Number". www.thegirlwithnonumber.com. Retrieved 2015-12-09.
- "Human Trafficking – Fashion One Foundation". fashionone.org. Retrieved December 9, 2015.
- "Fashion One Foundation's Light A Million Homes Project Kicks Off in the Philippines". Boradway World News. July 9, 2013. Retrieved December 9, 2015.
- "Light A Million Homes – Fashion One Foundation". Retrieved December 9, 2015.
- "Haiyan Relief Campaign – Fashion One Foundation". Retrieved December 9, 2015.
- Ong, Kelvin (January 24, 2013). "TV ASIA Plus WEB-EXCLUSIVE: One-on-one with Fashion One's Ashley Jordan". OnScreen Asia. Retrieved December 9, 2015.