January 23, 1975 |
San Diego, California
|Pen name||Father Sebastiaan van Houten, Father Sebastian Todd, Sabretooth|
|Occupation||Fangsmith, Author, Impresario|
|Subject||Occult, chaos magic, left-hand path, paranormal, spirituality, vampires|
|Notable works||Sanguinomicon, Vampyre Magick, Vampyre Virtues, Vampyre Mysteries, Vampyre Almanac, Strigoi Vii, Mysteries of Paris,|
Father Sebastiaan is an American fangsmith, published author and impresario. He is a former dental assistant working as a "fangsmith," crafting custom made fangs for consumers. He is the founder of the Sabretooth Clan, a fangmaking business and social network for the vampire subculture, and has worked as an author and co-author of several books on the occult and the vampire subculture.
Van Houten was born in San Diego, California to a military family and spent much of his early years traveling. He was later attended a Quaker boarding school and at age fourteen, discovered the goth subculture through Anne Rice novels and later the Vampire: The Masquerade during his teenage years. Van Houten also apprenticed as a dental assistant and became active during the 1990s New York City Vampyre club scene. He is an Impresario club promoter, creating The New York Vampire Ball in 1996 and The Endless Night Festival in New Orleans in 1998, one of the "largest vampire gatherings in the world". He is noted with writing the first "Black Veils" based on the code of conduct of a club night he managed entitled "Long Black Veil."
- The Vampyre Almanac 2000 (TheSanguinarium.com Press, 2000)
- Vampyre Sanguinomicon: Lexicon of the Living Vampire (Weiser, 2010)
- Vampyre Virtues: The Red Veils (TheSanguinarium.com Press, 2011)
- Vampyre Magick: The Grimoire of the Living Vampire (Weiser, 2012)
- The Vampyre Almanac 2012 (TheSanguinarium.com Press, 2012)
- Vampyre Virtues; The Purple Veils (TheSanguinarium.com Press 2013)
- Mysteries of Paris; Darkside of the City of Lights" (Bast Books 2014)
- Strigoi Vii; Path of the Living Vampire" (Bast Books 2015)
- The Vampyre Almanac (Sanguinarium Press, 2000) with Katherine Ramsland and Michelle Belanger.
- V: The Book of the Strigoi VII (Aangel Publishing, 2003) with Layil Umbralux, Madame X.
- The Secret Life of Vampires (A&E, 2005)
- Vampire Secrets (History Channel, 2006)
- Vampyres (Avalanche Productions, 2007) documentary based on the book Vampyres: When Reality Goes Beyond Fiction by Laurent Courau
- "Hssssss! Where Wall Street vampires get their fangs". CNBC. Retrieved 2012-10-16.
- "The Real 'True Blood'?". Vice Magazine. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- "Open Lines & Vampyre Subculture". Coast to Coast AM. Retrieved 2012-03-31.
- "Interview with a Vampyre's Dentist". Newsweek. Retrieved 2013-10-25.
- "Fangsmith Fashions Sharp Canines for His Party-Loving Vampires". Bloomberg. Retrieved 9 March 2013.
- Alexa Tsoulis-Reay (October 22, 2010). "First Person - Getting Fanged -". The Local East Village Blog - NYTimes.com. Retrieved 15 November 2017.
- "Interview with the Vampire". Bettyconfidential.com. Retrieved 2011-10-17.
- Sheila McClear (October 30, 2011). "Interview with a Vampyre". New York Post. Retrieved 2011-11-30.
- Possamai, Adam (2012). Handbook of Hyper-real Religions. Brill Academic Pub. pp. 149, 159. ISBN 9004218815.
- "Social Sciences Reviews, October 1, 2010". Library Journal. Retrieved 9 March 2013.
- "The Secret Life of Vampires (dvd)". A&E. Retrieved 2009-09-05.
- Belanger, Michelle A. The Psychic Vampire Codex: A Manual of Magick and Energy Work. 30 November 2004. Red Wheel/Weiser. ISBN 978-1-57863-321-0