Federal Ministry of Petroleum Resources (Nigeria)
The Federal Ministry of Petroleum Resources is a part of the Federal Ministries of Nigeria that directs petroleum resources and its activities in Nigeria. It is located at Block D, NNPC Towers, Herbert Macaulay way, CDB, Abuja.
It functions include;
- Serve as the Federal Government in all dealings between the Government and any individual or group in respect to any matter in the Petroleum ministry.
- Regulate and exercise supervisory functions over the affairs and operations of the Petroleum ministry.
- Record and report development in the Petroleum ministry to Federal Executive Council every year.
- Counsel the Federal Government on areas pertaining to oil and gas.
- Counsel the President as to the appointments of the chief executive officers of the Ministry’s Parastatals
- Represent and negotiate on behalf of Nigeria in international organizations interested in Nigerian oil and gas sector.
- Access areas covered by leases, existing licenses or contracts including refineries, storage depots, plant and stations.
Petroleum Technology Development Fund=== Parastatals ===
- Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation
- Department of Petroleum Resources
- Petroleum Training Institute
- Nigeria Nuclear Regulatory Authority
- Petroleum Product Price Regulatory Agency
- Nigerian Content Development Management Board
- "Forget planned revamping of P-H Refinery, Senate tells FG, Agip - Vanguard News". Vanguard News. 2017-07-28. Retrieved 2017-07-29.
- "'Nigeria's crude oil production hit 2.025mbpd in June'". Retrieved 2017-07-29.
- "Kachikwu: On the bump of oil tempest". Retrieved 2017-07-29.
- "MINISTERS: Holding two portfolios is constitutional - Presidency - Vanguard News". Vanguard News. 2015-11-16. Retrieved 2017-07-29.
- "The 'Change' Ministers • Channels Television". Channels Television. 2015-11-11. Retrieved 2017-07-29.