Feminist Porn Award
||This article needs to be updated. (April 2015)|
|Feminist Porn Award|
|Awarded for||Erotica focused on women and marginalized people|
The Feminist Porn Awards (FPAs) is an annual adult film awards ceremony that began in 2006, and was initially organized by the Good for Her adult store in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Until 2014, the ceremony was officially known as the Good for Her Feminist Porn Awards.
The ceremony was originally conceived of and coordinated by former store manager Chanelle Gallant, and it has been organized by current store manager Alison Lee since 2008. Both the store and the ceremony are based in Toronto, Ontario, and the ceremony commonly takes place at Berkeley Church. Despite the name of the ceremony, Lee states that the films featured at the awards (as well as the ceremony itself) are meant to appeal to men as well as women.
- Women and/or traditionally marginalized people were involved in the direction, production and/or conception of the work.
- The work depicts genuine pleasure, agency and desire for all performers, especially women and traditionally marginalized people.
- The work expands the boundaries of sexual representation on film, challenges stereotypes and presents a vision that sets the content apart from most mainstream pornography. This may include depicting a diversity of desires, types of people, bodies, sexual practices, and/or an anti-racist or anti-oppression framework throughout the production.
- Gender equality
- Feminist art movement
- Feminist pornography
- Feminist views of pornography
- Sex-positive feminism
- Sex-positive movement
- Women's erotica
- Women's Pornography
- "Feminist Porn Awards | Good For Her - Sex Workshops". Feminist Porn Awards. Good for Her. Archived from the original on November 8, 2011. Retrieved November 13, 2011.
- Agrell, Siri (June 10, 2006). "X-rated films for red-blooded feminists: New porn caters to female pleasure fantasies". National Post. p. WP.3. ISSN 1486-8008. Archived from the original on September 9, 2011. Retrieved September 9, 2011.
- Comella, Lynn (June 14, 2014). "Feminist Porn Enters the Mainstream | Vegas Seven". Vegas Seven. Wendoh Media. Retrieved April 19, 2015.
- Nikko Snyder, Strange bedfellows. Briarpatch. March 1, 2008. Retrieved February 11, 2012.
- Adam Polaski, 'Porn with a heart' for a male audience. The Good Men Project. April 28, 2011. Retrieved November 13, 2011.
- Chandra Menard, Girls on Film: The 2009 Feminist Porn Awards. April 21, 2009. Retrieved November 13, 2011.
- Desirée O, Alison Lee: Feminist Porn Awards Pioneer Shameless Magazine. March 5, 2009. Retrieved November 13, 2011.
- Horn, Tina (May 4, 2014). "I Attended the Ninth Annual Feminist Porn Awards". Vice. Retrieved June 16, 2014.