This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||California, United States|
FERFRANS is an American firearms manufacturer based in Montclair, California. It was established in 1998 by Filipino-American brothers Ferdinand and Francis Sy, FERFRANS was derived from the brother's names FERdinand and FRANciS. The company was previously known as Ferfrans Specialties.
The company is known for their products based on the AR-series, especially the SOAR (Special Operations Assault Rifle), and their patented rate-reduction system called the Independent Sear Disconnector (also known as Delayed Sear Activation System DSAS) or simply called "FERFRANS Rate-Reduction System", and muzzle break to improve handling at full-auto fire.
It provides weapons for the Philippine National Police and the Armed Forces of the Philippines, as well as several police units in the United States, and several countries including Malaysia, Indonesia, and Peru.
FERFRANS recently updated their product line, focusing more on the AR-type range.
- FERFRANS SOAR (Special Operations Assault Rifle) -
- FERFRANS SOAR-P - a piston version of the SOAR
- FERFRANS SCW (Sub-Compact Weapon)
- FERFRANS HVLAR (High Volume Light Automatic Rifle)
- FERFRANS SOACR (Special Operations Adaptable Combat Rifle)
- FERFRANS RMGL 403 (Rail Mounted Grenade Launcher)
- FERFRANS TSR & TSR-2 - based on the Savage 10FCP sniper rifle
- FERFRANS SOPMOD M14/M1A EBR (Enhanced Battle Rifle)
- FERFRANS PDW (Personal Defense Weapon) - replaced by the FERFRANS SCW
- FERFRANS Mini Commando - replaced by the FERFRANS SCW
- "About FERFRANS". FERFRANS. Retrieved 2015-10-10.
- "Filipino twins develop assault rifle". ANC. 2012-04-26. Retrieved 2015-10-10.
- "FERFRANS SOAR". FERFRANS. Retrieved 2015-10-10.
- "Costa Fires the FERFRANS Special Operations Assault Rifle". Soldier Systems. 2012-04-17. Retrieved 2015-10-10.
- "FERFRANS SOACR". FERFRANS. Retrieved 2015-10-10.
- "FERFRANS Rate Reduction System (RRS) and Special Weapons for Tactical Operators". DefenseReview.com. 2004-11-14. Retrieved 2015-10-10.
- "FERFRANS SOAR AR-Type CQB Subcarbines/SBRs: Photos and Video on the Way". DefenseReview.com. 2007-04-21. Retrieved 2015-10-10.