Ferndale Public Schools
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Ferndale, Oak Park, Pleasant Ridge, and the Royal Oak Township
|Motto||Dignity, Diversity, Dreams|
|Superintendent||Blake J. Prewitt, Ed. S.|
|Students and staff|
|Colors||Brown and Gold|
The Ferndale Schools is a school district headquartered at the Administrative Offices on the Ferndale High School Campus in Ferndale, Michigan in Greater Detroit. It is a four square mile district, including most of Ferndale and portions of Oak Park, Pleasant Ridge, Huntington Woods, and Royal Oak Township.
In 2015, the district began a radical restructuring process, led by the Board of Education and deeply dependent on community involvement. Changes to curriculum, expansion of academic opportunities for students and site transitions were all based on the district's strategic plan.
- Ferndale Early Childhood Center (Preschool)
- Lower Elementary School, at Roosevelt (K-2)
- Upper Elementary School, at Kennedy (3-5)
- Ferndale Middle School (6-8)
- Ferndale High School (9-12) - Comprehensive high school
- University High School (9-12) - College-Prep high school
- Tri-County Educational Center (9-12) - Adult & Alternative high school
- Roosevelt Primary School (now Lower Elementary)
- Coolidge Intermediate School (now University High School)
- Best School (now Kennedy School)
- John F. Kennedy Elementary School (now Upper Elementary)
- Harding School (now district administrative offices)
- Jackson School (now Jackson Center, CASA)
- Jefferson School (under demolition)
- Lincoln High School, later Lincoln Junior High School (demolished)
- Taft School (under demolition)
- Washington School (now Kulick Community Center)
- Wilson School (under re-development)
Adult & Alternative Education Schools
- Tri-County Educational Center
- "Contact Us." Ferndale Public Schools. Retrieved on July 30, 2013. "Ferndale Public Schools Harding Administration Center 2920 Burdette, Ferndale MI 48220"
- "SCHOOL DISTRICT REFERENCE MAP (2010 CENSUS): Oakland County, MI" (Archive). U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on June 29, 2015.
- "Ferndale Forward - Restructuring Schools". ferndaleforward.com. Retrieved 2016-04-20.
- "Strategic Plan". www.ferndaleschools.org. Archived from the original on 2016-04-18. Retrieved 2016-04-20.
- "DATABASE: Check your school's MEAP score". Detroit News. 2012-02-20. Retrieved 14:50, Monday February 20, 2012 (UTC). Check date values in: