|EP by Finch|
|Released||July 22, 2008 (Digital)
August 1, 2008 (Physical)
|Recorded||June 2008 at Sage and Sound in Hollywood California|
|Genre||Post-hardcore, alternative rock, emo|
Finch is the self-titled second EP by American post-hardcore band Finch. It was released digitally on July 22, 2008 and was due to be released in Hot Topic stores nationwide on July 29, 2008. However, due to manufacturing issues the physical release date was pushed back to August 1, 2008. It is the first release since the band's hiatus in 2006.
The EP was recorded over a period of 2008 and produced by Jason Cupp, who also co-produced with the band on their second album, Say Hello to Sunshine, released in 2005. Videos surfaced in January 2008 of the band recording a brand new song, the longest on the EP, named "Chinese Organ Thieves". Before the release of the EP, all songs but "Famine or Disease" were played live.
The song "Famine or Disease" debuted at #3 on the Billboard's "Hot 100 Singles Sales" Chart, beating Madonna's "Give It 2 Me" and The Cure's "Freakshow" for that week who only charted #7 and #9 respectively.
All songs written by Finch.
- "Daylight" – 4:16
- "Famine or Disease" – 3:57
- "From Hell" – 3:39
- "Chinese Organ Thieves" – 7:28
- Nate Barcalow – vocals
- Randy Strohmeyer – guitar, backing vocals
- Alex Linares – guitar
- Drew Marcogliese – drums, percussion
- Daniel Wonacott – bass guitar, backing vocals
- Produced by Jason Cupp and Finch
- Mixed by Jason Cupp
- Engineering assistance by Alex Pablid
- Mastered by Fred Kavorkian
- Art concept by Finch
- Design by Daniel Wonacott
- Digital booklet by Ian Garrett
- Winberg, Pär. "Finch EP delayed" melodic.net. Retrieved on August 18, 2008.
- "Hot Singles Sales - Famine Or Disease" Billboard.com. Retrieved on August 3, 2008.
- Tate, Jason. "Finch Launch New Website". AbsolutePunk.net. Retrieved on June 3, 2009.
- French, Chris. "Finch Launch New Website; Offer Free Download of EP". Alternative Press website. Retrieved on June 4, 2009.