Fishermans Bay, New South Wales
New South Wales
|Area||1.2 km2 (0.5 sq mi)[Note 1]|
|Time zone||AEST (UTC+10)|
|• Summer (DST)||AEDT (UTC+11)|
|LGA(s)||Port Stephens Council|
|State electorate(s)||Port Stephens|
Fishermans Bay is a small suburb of the Port Stephens local government area in the Hunter Region of New South Wales, Australia. It is located on the coast of the Tasman Sea adjacent to Anna Bay. A large part of the eastern portion of the suburb is occupied by Tomaree National Park and only a very small portion of the south western corner of the suburb is populated. The suburb is named after the adjacent bay.
- Area calculation is based on 1:100000 map 9332 PORT STEPHENS.
- ABS Quickstats for the 2011 census show a gap between Anna Bay and Fishermans Bay. Only the non-residential area of Fishermans Bay is included in the area covered by "Fishermans Bay (State Suburb)". Accordingly, no residents were included in the Fishermans Bay Quickstats.
- "Suburb Search - Local Council Boundaries - Hunter (HT) - Port Stephens". New South Wales Division of Local Government. Retrieved 8 June 2008.
- "Fishermans Bay (suburb)". Geographical Names Register (GNR) of NSW. Geographical Names Board of New South Wales. Retrieved 27 May 2008.
- "Nelson Bay (Nelson Head)". Climate statistics for Australian locations. Bureau of Meteorology. Retrieved 2 June 2008.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Fishermans Bay (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 13 October 2012.
- "Fishermans Bay". Land and Property Management Authority - Spatial Information eXchange. New South Wales Land and Property Information. Retrieved 27 May 2008.
- "Fishermans Bay (bay)". Geographical Names Register (GNR) of NSW. Geographical Names Board of New South Wales. Retrieved 27 May 2008.
|This Port Stephens Council geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|