Foley High School
|Foley High School|
1 Pride Place|
Foley, Alabama 36535
|School district||Baldwin County Public Schools|
|Principal||Russ Moore |
|Color(s)||navy blue and Gold|
Foley High School is in Foley, Alabama and is part of the Baldwin County Public Schools System. Foley High School has its own American football, archery, cross-country, baseball, cheerleading, women's/men's soccer, softball, and women's/men's basketball. Along with this, there are also men's/women's track, men's/women's golf, men's/women's tennis, men's/women's wrestling , men's swim team, and volleyball teams. The school is well known for its band, "The Mighty Band from Lion Land". The band has been winning superior ratings at competitions in the United States since the 1970s and has performed at the Saint Patrick's Day Parade in Chicago, the Daytona 500 race, the Fiesta Bowl parade, and many more places over its long history.
- Julio Jones (American Football), former Wide Receiver of the Alabama Crimson Tide and current Wide Receiver for the Atlanta Falcons
- Robert Lester (American Football), former Safety of the Alabama Crimson Tide and currently a free agent in the NFL.
- D. J. Fluker (American Football), former Offensive Tackle of the Alabama Crimson Tide and current Offensive Tackle for the New York Giants
- Ken Stabler (American Football), former football quarterback for the Oakland Raiders (1970–1979), the Houston Oilers (1980–1981), and the New Orleans Saints (1982–1984). Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2016.
- Braxton Garrett first round pick in the 2016 MLB Draft by the Miami Marlins
- "Foley High Sch". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved December 26, 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-06-05. Retrieved 2008-12-09.
|This Alabama school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|