|Studio album by Wussy|
|Released||March 4, 2016|
|Recorded||Ultrasuede Studios, Cincinnati, Ohio|
|Label||Damnably, Shake It Records|
|Producer||Jerri Queen, John Hoffman|
Forever Sounds is Wussy's sixth studio album. It was released on March 4, 2016, on Shake It Records in the United States and Damnably in the UK and Europe. The album reached number 20 on the Top Heatseekers album chart.
|Drowned in Sound||8/10|
Upon the album's release, SPIN named Forever Sounds its Album of the Week, awarding it an 8 of 10 rating. Reviewer Jason Gubbels wrote, "The distinct pleasures of Forever Sounds remain those of all five preceding Wussy albums — a crack songwriting duo detailing adult life’s ambiguities with vivid language amid a terrific rhythm section’s unapologetic alt-slop." Robert Christgau gave the album an A- and described it as "the big-guitar record I've been expecting from my favorite band since Strawberry."
- Dropping Houses (Words: Lisa Walker, Chuck Cleaver)
- She’s Killed Hundreds (Cleaver)
- Donny’s Death Scene (Walker)
- Gone (Cleaver)
- Hello, I’m a Ghost (Cleaver)
- Hand of God (Walker)
- Sidewalk Sale (Cleaver)
- Better Days (Cleaver, Walker)
- Majestic-12 (Walker)
- My Parade (Cleaver)
Music on all tracks credited to Wussy.
- Wussy Announce Sixth Album ‘Forever Sounds’ and Share New Track, ‘Dropping Houses’, Wussy
- "Forever Sounds". Metacritic.
- Deming, Mark. "Forever Sounds". AllMusic.
- Review: Wussy’s Ragged Ohio Racket Hits Biblical Proportions on ‘Forever Sounds’.
- Christgau, Robert (11 March 2016). "Guitar Rock Grooves". Vice. Retrieved 11 March 2016.
- Monroe, Jazz (9 March 2016). "Forever Sounds". Pitchfork Media.
- Cober-Lake, Justin (4 March 2016). "Forever Sounds Review". PopMatters.
- Adcock, Lee (2 March 2016). "Forever Sounds Review". Drowned in Sound. Retrieved 24 May 2017.
- Baker, Brian (17 February 2016). "Sounds and Furies, Signifying Everything". Cincinnati CityBeat. Retrieved 24 May 2017.
|This 2010s rock album-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|