From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up formation in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Formation may refer to:
- Formation flying, aerobatics performed with several aircraft
- Formation (military), a high-level military organization
- Tactical formation, the physical deployment of military forces
Mathematics and science
- Class formation, an axiomatization of class field theory in mathematics
- Formation (group theory), a class of groups
- Formation (stratigraphy), a formally named rock stratum or geological unit
- Rock formation, a mass of bedrock displaying a curious or interesting shape - see List of rock formations
- Cave formation, a speleothem
- (Oxide) formation, anodization of a metal during manufacturing of electrolytic capacitors
- In the study of ecosystems, a community formed by groups of plants which have adapted themselves to similar climatic conditions
- Derivation (linguistics), the process of creating new lexemes from other lexemes
- Back-formation, a word formed from an erroneous reconstruction an original linguistic form from a form mistakenly thought to be derived from it
- Saṅkhāra, the Buddhist concept of "formations"
- Formation (Catholic), the personal preparation that the Catholic Church offers to people with a defined mission, such as Jesuit formation, a program of spiritual and academic training
- Formation (association football), tactical formation in association football
- Formation (American football), a set-up before the snap in American football
- Formation dance, dance routines performed in a group
- Formation finish, a staged race finish where multiple vehicles of the same team cross the finish line in formation
- Offer and acceptance, an analysis of contract formation in law
- Forming a coalition government, as performed by a formateur
- Track formation, the earthworks supporting a railway track comprising the blanket and subgrade
- All pages beginning with "Formation"
- All pages with titles containing "Formation"
- Form (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Formation.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.