Fort Edward station
Ford Edward-Glens Falls station, circa 2008
|Location||70 East Street|
Fort Edward, NY 12828
|Line(s)||Canadian Pacific Railway|
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Connections||GGFT: Route 4|
|Passengers (2017)||9,917 2.8%|
Fort Edward D&H Train Station
|Location||Fort Edward, New York, USA|
|Architect||Delaware & Hudson Railroad|
|Architectural style||Late Victorian|
|NRHP reference #||00001527|
|Added to NRHP||December 13, 2000|
The Fort Edward station, also known as the Fort Edward–Glens Falls station, is a train station in Fort Edward, New York. It was originally built as a Delaware and Hudson Railroad depot in 1900, as a replacement for two earlier stations. The first was built in 1840 but was later converted into a store in 1880, the same year it was replaced with a second depot on the existing site. The third and current station has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places since December 13, 2000. The station serves both Fort Edward and nearby Glens Falls.
The station is served by Amtrak's daily Adirondack and Ethan Allen Express. It also sees bus service to Lake George, New York, provided by the Greater Glens Falls Transit Systems. This service, however, is only available in the summer months and only Monday through Saturday. The station offers a waiting room with seating, as well as The Station Deli which has take-out sandwiches as well as table service. The Station Deli also includes a gift shop which changes seasonally.
The station has one low-level side platform to the west of the track.
|Street level||Exit/entrance to station building|
|Side platform, doors will open on the left or right|
|Track 1||← Adirondack, Ethan Allen Express toward New York City (Saratoga Springs)|
Adirondack toward Montreal (Whitehall) →
Ethan Allen Express toward Rutland (Castleton) →
Notable places nearby
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2017, State of New York" (PDF). Amtrak. November 2017. Retrieved 20 January 2018.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- Fort Edward, New York (FED) Great American Stations (Amtrak)
- Ford Edward Station (Great Railroad Stations Index); See Below
- The Station Deli's Webpage
- Media related to Fort Edward-Glens Falls (Amtrak station) at Wikimedia Commons
- Amtrak – Stations – Fort Edward, NY
- Fort Edward, NY (FED) (Amtrak's Great American Stations)
- Fort Edward-Glens Falls Amtrak Station (USA Rail Guide -- Train Web)
- Edward Fort Edward Depot (Bridge Line Historical Society)
- Ford Edward Station (Great Railroad Stations Index)
|This New York train station–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|