Fox Jackson-Keen in March 2010
14 May 1995 |
Hornsey, London, England
Fox Jackson-Keen (born 1995 in Hornsey, London, England) is an English stage and television actor, singer and dancer. He is known for his shared performances in a two and a half year run as the star role of 'Billy' in Billy Elliot the Musical at London's Victoria Palace Theatre. He has appeared as Mobbsy in the 26 episode live action children's comedy series My Phone Genie on ITV and CITV.
Jackson-Keen has appeared in a wide range of advertising campaigns and TV shows, and competed four times in the UK National Gymnastics finals. He received the first name of "Fox" because his father was a fan of the TV's The X Files. His father was a gymnast, and in initially followed in his father's footsteps, Fox entered and won several youth competitions before representing London in a national competition, where he came third. At 9-years-old in 2006, he started break-dancing and hip-hop, and then studied ballet and tap.
From June 2008 to March 2010 Jackson-Keen played the role of Billy in Billy Elliot the Musical in London. When cast at 12½ years old, he became the 16th boy to play that role. His 23 June 2008 debut marked the first Londoner to play that role. At 14½ years old, and after 205 performances, he retired from the role of Billy on 27 March 2010 as the oldest of the 'Billys'.
On 8 March 2010, Jackson-Keen and three other boys from the cast were invited to 10 Downing Street, and met with Prime Minister Gordon Brown, Alistair Darling, Peter Mandelson and Minister for Culture and Tourism Margaret Hodge.
- The Bill (1 episode, 2006)
- Terry Pratchett's Hogfather (2006) (TV)
- Hyperdrive (1 episode, 2007)
- This Morning (1 episode, 2008)
- What's on Theatre (1 episode, 2008)
- The Alan Titchmarsh Show (1 episode, 2010)
- Doctors (1 episode, 2012)
- My Phone Genie (2012)
- Casualty (1 episode, 2014)
- New Tricks (1 episode, 2014)
- Shenton, Mark (June 23, 2008). "London Boy Is One of the West End's New "Billy Elliots"". Playbill. Retrieved 16 August 2010.
- "Hornsey teenager lands lead role in Billy Elliott musical". Hampstead & Highgate Express. July 20, 2008. Retrieved 16 August 2010.
- "Fox is first Londoner to take role of Billy Elliot". Evening Standard. June 20, 2008. Retrieved 16 August 2010.
- "London gets first home-grown Billy". London Theatre Guide. June 23, 2008. Retrieved 16 August 2010.
- "Meet the Billys – London: Billy Elliot the Musical". theSkyKid.com. December 1, 2009. Retrieved 16 August 2010.
- "Billys get down with Gordon Brown". London Theatre Guide. March 10, 2010. Retrieved 16 August 2010.
- "Cast and tour announced for Philip Pullman's I Was A Rat!". Birmingham Repertory Company. December 5, 2012. Retrieved 26 July 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Fox Jackson-Keen.|