12 November 1919|
Kranj, Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes
|Died||4 May 1993
|Occupation||Film director, screenwriter|
|Years active||1946 - 1984|
France Štiglic (12 November 1919 – 4 May 1993) was a Slovenian film director and screenwriter. His 1948 film On Our Own Land was entered into the 1949 Cannes Film Festival. His film The Ninth Circle (1960) was Yugoslavia's submission for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film at the 33rd Academy Awards, where it was shortlisted for the award.
- On Our Own Land (Na svoji zemlji, 1948)
- Valley of Peace (Dolina miru, 1956)
- The Ninth Circle (Deveti krug, 1960)
- Ballad About a Trumpet and a Cloud (Balada o trobenti in oblaku, 1961)
- Don't Cry, Peter (Ne joči, Peter, 1964)
- Story of Good People (Povest o dobrih ljudeh, 1975)
- "Festival de Cannes: On Own Land". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 2009-01-08.
- "The 33rd Academy Awards (1961) Nominees and Winners". oscars.org. Retrieved 2011-10-29.
|This article about a Slovenian film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|