This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Francis McKee (born 1960) is an Irish writer and curator working in Glasgow.
From 2005 - 2008 he was director of Glasgow International, and since 2006 he has been the director for Centre for Contemporary Arts, Glasgow. He is a lecturer and research fellow at Glasgow School of Art, working on the development of open source ideologies. He curated the Scottish participation at the Venice Biennale with Kay Pallister in 2003.
Francis McKee has written extensively on the work of artists linked to Glasgow such as Christine Borland, Ross Sinclair, Douglas Gordon, Simon Starling and other international artists including Matthew Barney, Pipilotti Rist, Willie Doherty, Joao Penalva, Abraham Cruzvillegas and co-published books on the Icelandic Love Corporation and Salla Tykkä in collaboration with NIFCA (Nordic Institute for Contemporary Art). Francis McKee worked previously as an historian of medicine for the Wellcome Trust.
- Francis McKee-Selected Writings 1996-2007 Šiuolaikinio Meno Centras [ŠMC] & Contemporary Art Centre [CAC]. Vilnius, Lithuania. (2007)
- Philip by Mark Aerial Waller, Heman Chong, Cosmin Costinas, Rosemary Heather, Francis McKee, David Reinfurt, Steve Rushton and Leif Magne Tangen. Project Press. Dublin, (2007)
- Willie Doherty by Francis McKee, Yilmaz Dziewior, Matthias Muhling, and Willie Doherty (2007)
- Matthew Barney: Drawing Restraint 9 Matthew Barney, Hans-Ulrich Obrist and Francis McKee, (2006)
- Douglas Gordon's Vanity Of Allegory by Alison Gingeras, Francis Mckee, Douglas Gordon, and Nancy Spector (2005)
- Anna Gaskell: Half Life by Niall MacKenzie, Francis McKee, Matthew Drutt, and Anna Gaskell (2003)
- Show A Leg a catalogue by Francis McKee for Pipilotti Rist's exhibition of the same name at Tramway, Glasgow (2002)
- The Icelandic Love Corporation Edited by Francis McKee and Rebecca Gordon Nesbitt (2002)
- Salla Tykkä Edited by Rebecca Gordon Nesbitt and Francis McKee
- Neal Beggs by Francis McKee, Duncan McLaren, Kevin Kelly, and Dave Hewitt (2001)
- Kathy Prendergast: The End and the Beginning by Kathy Prendergast, Francis McKee. Irish Museum of Modern Art (2000)
- Luminous by Francis McKee (2000)
- Mariele Neudecker by Maite Lores, Francis McKee, Eszther Barbarczy, and Clare Stent (1999)
- Douglas Gordon: Kidnapping by Jan Debbaut, Francis McKee, Douglas Gordon, and Marente Bloemheuvel (1998)
- The House in the Woods Centre for Contemporary Art. (1998)
- Deep Blue by Francis McKee (1997)
- Institute of Cultural Anxiety: Works from the Collection by Jeremy Millar and Francis McKee (1996)
- The Paracelsian Kitchen' by Francis McKee in Paracelsus: The Man and His Reputation, His Ideas and Their Transformation, ed. by Ole Peter Grell, Brill 1998.
- 'An anatomy of power: the early works of Bernard Mandeville. PhD Thesis, 1991, University of Glasgow.