|Alma mater||Makerere University
(Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery)
Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine
(Diploma in Tropical Medicine and Hygiene)
Bloomberg School of Public Health
(Master of Public Health)
(Doctor of Philosophy)
|Occupation||Physician, Academic & Researcher|
|Years active||1983 — present|
|Known for||Academic research|
|Home town||Busia, Uganda|
Frederick Wabwire-Mangen is a Ugandan physician, public health specialist and medical researcher. Currently he is Professor of Epidemiology and Head of Department of Epidemiology & Biostatistics at Makerere University School of Public Health. Wabwire-Mangen also serves as a founding member of Accordia Global Health Foundation’s Academic Alliance
Background and education
He was born in Busia District, Eastern Uganda. Professor Wabwire-Mangen received his first medical degree, Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB) from Makerere University School of Medicine. He also holds the Diploma in Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (DTM&H) from the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine. His Master of Public Health (MPH) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degrees, were both obtained from the Bloomberg School of Public Health at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland, USA.
Dr. Wabwire-Manghen has been a researcher, academician and lecturer at Makerere University School of Public Health for most of his professional life. He has published extensively in medical journals and other peer publications. He is a leading authority on the epidemiology of HIV/AIDS in sub-Saharan Africa. Professor Fred Wabwire-Mangen a Fellow of the Uganda National Academy of Sciences.
- AGHF, . (2009). "Accordia's Academic Alliance - Ugandan Chapter". © 2009 Accordia Global Health Foundation (AGHF). Retrieved 7 December 2014.
- AAI, . (18 June 2013). "Fred Wabwire-Mangen: Head of Department of Epidemiology, Makerere University". Africa-America Institute (AAI). Retrieved 7 December 2014.
- USAMRUK, . (2011). "Professor Fred Wabwire - Research Interests And Accomplishments". ©Copyright 2011-2014 USAMRUK Department of Emerging Diseases. Retrieved 7 December 2014.
- UNAS, . "UNAS: Fellow Profile". Uganda National Academy of Science (UNAS). Retrieved 27 December 2014.
- Makerere University School of Public Health Homepage
- Accordia Global Health Foundation Website of Accordia Global Health Foundation