Free Press (organization)
|Robert W. McChesney, John Nichols, Josh Silver
Free Press is a United States advocacy group. It gives the following mission statement: "We fight to save the free and open Internet, curb runaway media consolidation, protect press freedom, and ensure diverse voices are represented in our media." The group is a major supporter of net neutrality.
History, organization, and activities
- Kang, Cecilia (28 March 2008). "Net Neutrality's Quiet Crusader: Free Press's Ben Scott Faces Down Titans, Regulators in Battle Over Internet Control". The Washington Post. Retrieved 24 May 2011.
- Free Press, Guidestar (accessed June 9, 2016).
- What We Do, Free Press (accessed July 9, 2016).
- Boliek, Brooks (February 25, 2015). "Tom Wheeler tweaks net neutrality plan after Google push". Politico. Retrieved 2 March 2015.
- Free Press Action Fund, Guidestar (accessed June 9, 2016).
- Tim Wu Elected Board Chair at Free Press, Columbia Law School (April 2008).
- Adi Robertson, Who's fighting to save the internet now?: Net neutrality supporters gear up to take on the FCC, The Verge]] (May 5, 2014).
- "Board of Directors". Free Press.