Number of locations
|6 branches (2019)|
|Products||Industrial Supply Distribution|
Number of employees
|Divisions||Automation, Electrical Supply, Datacom, Power Transmission, Safety, Clean Energy|
French Gerleman is a regional supplier of electrical, automation, datacom, power transmission and safety products and services. Founded in St. Louis, Missouri in 1923, the company is currently headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri. It is a member of the National Association of Electrical Distributors.
In 1923, Albert O. French and Charles C. French, brothers who initially were partners with J.F. Gerleman, started French Gerleman in St. Louis, Missouri. The 1930s brought French Gerleman into an agency relationship with the Allen-Bradley Company (now Rockwell Automation). The result was French Gerleman's gradual expansion into the industrial controls market.
In 1976, French Gerleman moved from St. Louis to Maryland Heights, MO. Twelve year later in 1988, French Gerleman opened their first two locations in Quincy, IL and Columbia, MO. As growth continued, they opened another branch in Lenexa, KS and expanded their St. Louis headquarters. In 2000, French Gerleman opened another branch in Washington, MO. Most recently in 2017, another location was opened in Springfield, MO.
- St. Louis, Missouri
- Columbia, Missouri
- Quincy, Illinois
- Lenexa, Kansas
- Washington, Missouri
- Springfield, Missouri
French Gerleman host an annual event with Rebuilding Together, an American non-profit organization with the goal of preserving affordable homeownership and revitalizing neighborhoods through free home repairs and modifications for neighbors in need. French Gerleman host a Rebuilding Day, a single day where volunteers come together to help low-income homeowners in the St. Louis area to improve the safety and comfort of their home.
The French Gerleman branch in Quincy, IL teamed up with RAB Lighting to light up the different monuments and memorials for veterans. French Gerleman donated LED fixtures, a mix of incandescent, HID and fluorescent lights to help bring light to different building and monuments including the WWII Memorial, the Korean War Memorial and the Vietnam War Memorial, on the Veterans Home in Quincy, IL.
In 2016, French Gerleman was named a winner in the St. Louis Business Journal’s inaugural Family Business Awards, selected for its longevity, entrepreneurship, perseverance, creativity and community involvement.
In 2001, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville’s School of Business recognized French Gerleman for its excellence in industry and positive impact on the community with the 2001 Mississippi Valley Family Business of the Year Award. In addition, French Gerleman placed first runner-up in the 2001 National Family Business of the Year Award sponsored by MassMutual Financial Group.
- #127 on St. Louis Business Journal's Top 150 Privately Held Companies (March 24, 2017) 
- #74 on Electrical Wholesaling Magazine's Top 200 List (June 20, 2017)
- French Gerleman Home Page
- "French Gerleman moves to new location". QuincyNews.org. Retrieved 2008-10-27.
- "French Gerleman Gives Back Through Rebuilding Together". French Gerleman Blog. 2016-06-09. Retrieved 2019-02-28.
- "French Gerleman Helps to Light Veteran Memorials in Quincy, IL". French Gerleman Blog. 2016-11-29. Retrieved 2019-02-28.
- Janecke, Ron (2001-10-21). "Jim's Formal Wear among small business honorees". American City Business Journals. Retrieved 2001-10-19.
- "Family Business Of The Year Award Nominees Sought". Southern Illinois University Edwardsville. Archived from the original on June 4, 2010. Retrieved 2003-07-29.