|Products||Industrial Supply Distribution|
French Gerleman is a regional supplier of electrical, automation, datacom, power transmission and safety products and services. Founded in St. Louis, Missouri in 1923, the company is currently headquartered in Maryland Heights, Missouri. It is a member of the National Association of Electrical Distributors.
In 1923, Albert O. French and Charles C. French, brothers who initially were partners with J.F. Gerleman, started French Gerleman in St. Louis, Missouri. The 1930s brought French Gerleman into an agency relationship with the Allen-Bradley Company (now Rockwell Automation). The result was French Gerleman's gradual expansion into the industrial controls market.
- St. Louis, Missouri
- Columbia, Missouri
- Quincy, Illinois
- Lenexa, Kansas
- Washington, Missouri
- Springfield, Missouri
In 2016, French Gerleman was named a winner in the St. Louis Business Journal’s inaugural Family Business Awards, selected for its longevity, entrepreneurship, perseverance, creativity and community involvement.
In 2001, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville’s School of Business recognized French Gerleman for its excellence in industry and positive impact on the community with the 2001 Mississippi Valley Family Business of the Year Award. In addition, French Gerleman placed first runner-up in the 2001 National Family Business of the Year Award sponsored by MassMutual Financial Group.
- #127 on St. Louis Business Journal's Top 150 Privately Held Companies (March 24, 2017) 
- #74 on Electrical Wholesaling Magazine's Top 200 List (June 20, 2017)
- French Gerleman Home Page
- "French Gerleman moves to new location". QuincyNews.org. Retrieved 2008-10-27.
- Janecke, Ron (2001-10-21). "Jim's Formal Wear among small business honorees". American City Business Journals. Retrieved 2001-10-19.
- "Family Business Of The Year Award Nominees Sought". Southern Illinois University Edwardsville. Archived from the original on June 4, 2010. Retrieved 2003-07-29.