Friedrich Ernst Leibold
- Not to be confused with German naturalist Friedrich Leybold (1827–1879)
Trained as a gardener, he accompanied Baron von Ludwig to the Cape of Good Hope as a botanical collector (1835–38). From 1839 to 1844, he collected specimens in Cuba and Mexico, later settling as a farmer in Texas (1847). He later took up residence in New Orleans, and died in Havana on 21 July 1864 on his way to collect specimens in the Yucatán.
- Lexikon deutschsprachiger Bryologen, Volume 1 by Jan-Peter Frahm, Jens Eggers
- Gartenflora Deutschlands und der Schweiz, Volume 14 by Eduard Regel
- Biodiversity Heritage Library Taxonomic literature : a selective guide to botanical publications
- Roellke Orchideen Tillandsia leiboldiana
- OCLC WorldCat Filices a Leiboldo in Mexico lectae
- "Author Query". International Plant Names Index.