|Related names||Fouad, Fuat, Fawad, Foaad, Fuaad|
Its root word is the verb fa'ada meaning burning or a flame and lahmun fa'eed means a roasted meat on a fire. It is used to describe a heart that is inflamed with emotion.
It was borne by two different Kings of Egypt.
Originally an Arabic given name, it became widespread throughout the Middle East during the 9th and 12th centuries.
- Fuad El-Hibri (1958-), American businessman
- Fouad Ajami, Lebanese-born American university professor
- Fuad Abishzade Azerbaijani actor and producer
- Fuad Omar, writer, producer and screenwriter
- Fouad el-Mohandes (1924–2006), Egyptian stage and screen actor
- Fouad Awad, Israeli-Palestinian theatre director
- Foad, Ross K. (1988-) English actor, director, and screenwriter.
- Fuat Mansurov (1928–2010), Russian conductor
- Fuad al Muqtadir (1980- ), Bangladeshi composer and singer
- Fuad I of Egypt (1868–1936), known as Fuad I, king of Egypt and Sudan
- Fuad II of Egypt (1952–), king of Egypt and Sudan
- Binyamin Ben Eliezer, Binyamin Fuad Ben Eliezer, Israeli politician
- Fouad Mebazaa (1933-), Tunisian politician
- Fouad Siniora (1943-), Lebanese politician
- Fuad Chehab (1902-1973), former Lebanese president
- Fuad Guliyev (1941-), Azerbaijani politician
- Fuad Hassan (1929-2007), Indonesian politician
- Fuad Masum (1938-), Iraqi president
- Fuad Rouhani (1907–2004), Iranian politician
- Fuad Stephens (birth name Donald Stephens) (1920-1976), 1st Chief Minister of Sabah
- Fawad Alam (1985-), Pakistani cricketer
- Fouad Bachirou (1990-), French footballer
- Fuad Anwar (1972-), Saudi Arabian footballer
- Fuad Aslanov (1976-), Azerbaijani boxer
- Fuad Ibrahim, (1991-) Ethiopian-born American soccer player
- Fuad Muzurović, Bosnian football manager
- Fuad Reveiz (1963-), Colombian-American football placekicker
- Port Fuad, Egypt
In popular culture
- "FOUAD". www.muslimmatters.org. Retrieved 28 January 2014.
- "Fuad". quranicnames.com. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- Тайна имени Фуад. www.astromeridian.ru (in Russian). Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- "» The Heart: Fu'aad, Qalb and Sadr". Retrieved 2016-08-14.
- "IGN'S TOP 25 FAMILY GUY CHARACTERS". uk.ign.com. Retrieved 11 August 2014.
|given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.This page or section lists people that share the same|