Future Fibre Technologies
Future Fibre Technologies (FFT) is a fiber optic sensing technologies company based in Melbourne, Australia, with its US head office in Mountain View, California, Middle East head office in Dubai, Indian head office in New Delhi and European head office in London. Founded in 1994, Future Fibre Technologies product line provides optical fiber intrusion detection systems for perimeters, buried oil and gas pipelines and data communication networks.
FFT was established in Melbourne, Australia in 1994 as a research and development company. In 1998, in response to the demand for cost-effective, optical fiber sensors to protect large perimeters, buried pipelines and physical network communication links, FFT developed technology that could pinpoint the location of intrusions over many miles of deployed optical fiber.
The first FFT products based on this new technology were commercialised in 2002, providing a fiber optic sensor intrusion detection system with the capacity to detect a perimeter intrusion to within 25 metres over up to 80 kilometres of deployed fiber optic cable on a single system.
Subsequently, FFT developed patented Advanced Recognition and Discrimination (ARaD) technology, which overcame the problem of nuisance alarms. Advanced artificial intelligence technology uses signature recognition and signal processing software to identify the difference between an environmental event and an attempted intrusion, reducing the effect of nuisance alarms.
This has led to hundreds of installations throughout the world, with notable installations for Unlimited Technologies Dulles International Airport, US Military JFPASS, and critical naval, infrastructure and airport site perimeters.
This success has led to FFT receiving notable industry awards, such as the 2009 and 2010 Governor of Victoria Export Award, 2009 and 2010 Government Security News “Best Perimeter Protection Product” Award and the 2010 Prime Minister's Australian Exporter of the Year Award.
- Perimeter Intrusion Equipment – FFT earns Tier 1 ranking, GIT Security. Retrieved 2010-25-06.
- Artificial Intelligence Brings a New Era in Perimeter Protection Security, Airport Technology. Retrieved 2010-13-04.
- Future Fibre Technologies Inc and Unlimited Technology Inc announce a major perimeter security upgrade program for 24 pennsylvania based water utility sites , Forbes. Retrieved 2010-21-04.
- Adesta Selected to Provide Security Systems for Washington Dulles International Airport, Newswire. Retrieved 2009-23-11.
- Dulles Airport being fitted with fiber intrusion detection, Pro Security Zone. Retrieved 2009-25-11.
- Future Fibre Technologies Named Exclusive Provider of Fence-Mounted Perimeter Security for JFPASS, Airport Technology. Retrieved 2009-31-08.
- Perimeter Protection Critical Sites, GIT Security. Retrieved 2010-05-03.
- Winners of the Governor of Victoria Export Awards 2009, Victorian Government. Retrieved 2009-13-10.
- 2010 Governor of Victoria Export Award winners announced, Victorian Government. Retrieved 2010-08-10.
- Minister for Information and Communication Technology Visits Future Fibre Technologies’s Headquarters in Australia, Azooptics. Retrieved 2009-11-11.
- Future Fibre Technologies Winner of Prime Minister's Australian Exporter of the Year, Australian Government. Retrieved 2009-12-07.