|Joint stock company|
|Founded||2000 (Helsinki, Finland)|
|Tuomas Syrjänen (CEO)
Turkka Oksanen (Chairman of the Board)
Harri Roschier (member of the board)
|Revenue||20,1 million € (2014)|
|Owner||Key personnel, Innofinance Oy|
Number of employees
Futurice is a Finnish company creating digital services for its customers. The core business is developing and designing online- and mobile software. It was founded in 2000 and currently employs about 200 professionals. In 2012 and 2013, Futurice was chosen by the Great Place to Work Institute as the best place to work in both Finland and in Europe.
Futurice is one of the fastest growing technology companies in Finland. In the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Futurice has been in the list for eight consecutive years, including being the first in 2008. Futurice's revenue in 2011 was about 9.8 million euros, and the revenue for 2012 was 13.8 million euros. The company's business has been profitable.
Futurice's headquarters is in Helsinki. In December 2008 a Tampere branch office was opened. During 2010 sister company Futurice Gmbh was established and a new office was opened in Berlin, Germany. In the beginning of 2012 Great Britain sister company Futurice Ltd was established with office in London. In October 2015 Futurice opened offices in Stockholm and Munich.
Products and services
Futurice employs agile software development methodologies. The January 2008 IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking conference (CCNC) saw the introduction of the Apache-, MySQL- and PHP-development environment for Symbian S60 version, Personal Apache MySQL PHP (PAMP) that was developed in collaboration with Nokia and Futurice. Futurice was also accepted to the conference to demonstrate its experimental Peer-to-peer prototype, based on the PAMP development environment. Futurice is also prominent in a specialist role in the Forum Nokia section Talk to the Guru, directed towards other application developers. Futurice is also one of the first European companies accepted as a member of Apple's iPhone-developer program.
Futurice CEO Tuomas Syrjänen was chosen as the Leader of the Year by magazine Fakta in 2013. According to the jury of the competition, the decision was evident. Mr. Syrjänen has applied lean management methods in his work.
The company emphasizes transparency and trust in its culture. According to Mr. Syrjänen, the employees have access to all the information needed in making decisions. For example, all the employees have access to company financial data.
- "Futurice Oy - management - Fonecta Finder". Fonecta Finder. Fonecta Oy. Retrieved January 17, 2014.
- "Futurice". taloussanomat.fi. Taloussanomat. Retrieved January 12, 2016.
- "50 Best Small & Medium-Sized Workplaces in Europe - Great Place to Work® Institute". www.greatplacetowork.net. Great Place to Work® Institute. Retrieved January 17, 2014.
- "Deloitte - Technology Fast 50-500". www.deloitte.com (in Finnish). Deloitte. Retrieved January 17, 2014.
- "Futurice Oy - economy - Fonecta Finder". Fonecta Finder. Fonecta Oy. Retrieved January 17, 2014.
- "Tuomas Syrjänen on Faktan Vuoden johtaja - Työelämä - Talouselämä". www.talouselama.fi (in Finnish). Talentum Media Oy. Retrieved January 17, 2014.