|Born||25 April 1946|
|Occupation||Prisoner, former policeman|
|Conviction(s)||Multiple instances of rape (including child rape) and other sex offenses|
|Criminal penalty||6 years imprisonment|
Karl Göran Gustav Lindberg (born 25 April 1946 in Uppsala) is a Swedish convicted serial rapist and a former police chief. He effectively served 2/3rd of a six-year prison sentence in Saltvik Prison for numerous sex crimes.
Career in the police
He completed his law degree in 1972, and served as rector of the Swedish National Police Academy 1989–1997 and as police commissioner in Uppsala County 1997–2006. After stepping down as police commissioner, he was an adviser on gender equality and sexual harassment to the National Police Directorate.
He was arrested on 25 January 2010 and charged with multiple sex offenses, including the rape of a 14-year-old child. He was subsequently also charged with raping several other women, and of procuring. On 30 July 2010, he was convicted of several sex offenses, including rape, and sentenced to 6.5 years in prison by the Södertörn District Court. The High Court reduced his sentence to 6 years, and the Supreme Court rejected his appeal. He served his sentence in Saltvik Prison.
He was released in late January 2014 after serving 4 years in prison.
- Sveriges befolkning 1980.
- TT/The Local (30 July 2010). "Top cop jailed for sex crimes". The Local. Retrieved 25 September 2015.
- Åberg, Anna (2010-07-30). "Dom mot Göran Lindberg i dag" [Ruling against Göran Lindberg today]. Dagens Nyheter (in Swedish). Archived from the original on 1 August 2010. Retrieved 25 September 2015.
- "Falska rykten om Lindberg" [False rumors about Lindberg] (in Swedish). Sveriges Radio. 30 January 2010. Retrieved 30 January 2010.
- Stiernstedt, Jenny (25 February 2010). "Polischefen också kopplerimisstänkt" [The police chief also suspect of procuring]. Dagens Nyheter (in Swedish). Retrieved 25 September 2015.
- "Police chief jailed for sex crimes". Belfast Telegraph. 2010-07-30. Retrieved 25 September 2015.
- Johansson, Anders; Wallin, Evalisa (2011-03-11). "Polischefen direkt till sexbunkern" [The police chief straight to the sex bunker]. Aftonbladet (in Swedish). Retrieved 25 September 2015.
|This Swedish biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to crime is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|