|Bishop of Cuddapah|
|In office||31 January 2008 – present|
|Predecessor||D. M. Prakasam|
|Ordination||1 March 1989, Adoni|
|Consecration||1 March 2008|
|Born||7 April 1962
Adoni, Andhra Pradesh
|Previous post||Professor of Christian Doctrine, St. John's Regional Seminary, Kothavalasa|
Much before the consecration of Bishop Prasad, he seems to have decided on the motto 'The Lord is my strength and I trust in Him Compare Psalm 28:7 The Lord is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts;.....
Prasad was born into a family of teachers in Adoni in Andhra Pradesh as the fourth and youngest child. Smt. Mariamma and Sri Jojappa were his parents. He went to school in his hometown, and later joined St. Pius Minor Seminary in Kurnool for a year's course.
As part of pre-divinity studies, he left for St. John's Regional Seminary(a regional philosophate of the Catholic Church in Andhra Pradesh established in 1982 and managed by the Salesians of Don Bosco), Kondadaba, Visakhapatnam and pursued philosophy. Subsequently, he pursued theology at the St. John's Regional Seminary in Ramanthapur, Hyderabad.
Ordination & Pastorship
On 1 March 1989, Prasad was ordained priest for the Catholic Diocese of Kurnool by Bishop Matthew Cheriankunnel, the second Bishop of Kurnool who served from 18 January 1988 to 16 July 1991, in Adoni.
Higher Studies & Research
From 1995 to 1999 Prasad studied in Rome, Italy. He is an alumnus of the Pontifical University of St. Thomas Aquinas Angelicum where he earned the Doctorate of Sacred Theology. His thesis was entitled Christian Charity as Witnessed by Mother Teresa of Calcutta.
In the year 1999, on successful completion of his studies, he was awarded the degree of DTh by the University.
Later, he was sent abroad to North America in 2000 to the Diocese of San Angelo, Texas and assigned a pastoral ministry.
M. Joji, the Archbishop of Hyderabad principally consecrated Prasad while the Most Rev. K. Mariadas, Archbishop of Visakhapatnam and the Most Rev. D. M. Prakasam, Bishop of Nellore were the co-consecrators at the St. Mary's Old Cathedral Grounds, Mariapuram, Cuddapah on 1 March 2008. Almost all the Catholic Bishops of the Andhra region took part in the consecration. Amongst the ecumenical invitees who was seated alongside the newly consecrated Bishop was K. B. Yesuvaraprasad, the Church of South India's Bishop of Rayalaseema.
- Catholic Hierarchy, Bishop Prasad
- Frontline, December 22, 2007, volume 24, issue 25
- Sathyadeepam Fortnightly, 16–29 February 2008, Volume 5 / 6, pp. 3 & 12, Ernakulam, Kerala. RNI 3005/57 
- His Voice, Newsletter of the Diocese of Cuddapah (for private circulation only), Volume 28, April 2008, Issue 4
- The Holy Bible, The New Revised Standard Version, Thomas Nelson for Theological Publications in India, Bangalore, 1999
- Kurnool Vani, Newsletter of the Kurnool Diocese, Volume XXI, Number 3, March 2008
- His Voice, Newsletter of the Diocese of Cuddapah (for private circulation only), Volume 28, March 2008, Issue 3
- Vatican Radio, The voice of the Pope and the Church in dialogue with the world, 31 January 2008 
- Amruthavani Communications Centre, Hyderabad, Brief History of the Diocese of Kurnool 
- Gallela Prasad, Christian Charity as Witnessed by Mother Teresa of Calcutta, 1999. 
- Vatican Radio, op. cit.
- Consecration invitation card of Bishop Prasad, Diocese of Cuddapah
- The Hindu, Sunday, 2 March 2008, Andhra Pradesh, Prasad sworn in as Kadapa Bishop 
- Anglican Communion diocese page for Rayalseema
D. M. Prakasam
|Bishop of Cuddapah
31 January 2008 – present