GIVE Center West
The Gwinnett Intervention Education (G.I.V.E.) Center West is located in Gwinnett County, Georgia, United States. It is one of two Norcross schools meant to serve the needs of students with discipline issues that prevent them from attending their neighborhood school; the other is GIVE Center East in Lawrenceville. The school serves students in grades 6–12. It has a student-teacher ratio of approximately 18:1.
GIVE was founded in 1994 to serve the needs of Gwinnett County Public Schools and the independent Buford City School district. Due to the increasing size of the student population, GIVE West split from GIVE East in 2003, although both schools were led by principal Donna Scott. In April, 2006, GCPS allotted GIVE West its own principal, Dr. James Kahrs. The current principal is Todd Marschke.
GIVE West was housed in the Buchanan High School of Technology, which was formerly Norcross High School prior to that school moving to its current location. Gwinnett County Public Schools has purchased property on Peachtree Industrial Boulevard and relocated GIVE Center West. The old location has been rebuilt into the new Summerour Middle School.
GIVE West serves students from the following clusters in Gwinnett County:
- Berkmar High School (cluster includes Berkmar and Sweetwater Middle Schools)
- Meadowcreek High School (cluster includes Lilburn and Louise Radloff Middle Schools)
- Norcross High School (cluster includes Pinckneyville and Summerour Middle Schools)
- North Gwinnett High School (cluster includes Lanier Middle School)
- Parkview High School (cluster includes Trickum Middle School)
- Peachtree Ridge High School (cluster includes Richard Hull Middle School)
GIVE West also serves Buford City Schools (Buford High School and Buford Middle School).