Games for Health
Games for Health are games that aim to either promote health or to prevent, diagnose or treat (chronic) diseases. These games, which are generally considered serious game aim to influence health outcomes by increasing the user's knowledge and changing their behaviors through play.
Games for Health is also the name of series of conferences made possible in part by funding from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation as part of their Pioneer Portfolio program. Games for Health is a part of the Serious Games Initiative.
- Sep 2004 Madison, Wisconsin
- Sep 2005 Baltimore, Maryland
- Sep 2006 Baltimore, Maryland
- May 2008 Baltimore, Maryland
- June 2009 Boston, Massachusetts
- May 2010 Boston, Massachusetts
Games for Health is also a peer-reviewed journal, which was launched in February 2012.