|Founded||2011Wellington, New Zealandin|
|Founders||Ian Gillespie, Pete Gillespie, Jos Ruffell|
Garage Project is an independent New Zealand brewery based in Aro Valley, Wellington. The brewery was founded in 2011 by brothers Ian and Pete Gillespie and Jos Ruffell, who transformed a dilapidated car garage to begin brewing 50 litres at a time- 24 new beers in 24 weeks. The 24/24 project produced many beers that are still in production- Aro Noir, Pernicious Weed, Venusian Pale Ale, Cockswain's Courage, Hāpi Daze, Biére de Garage, Red Rocks, Golden Brown, Day of Dead, Hellbender, Summer Sommer, and Rum & Raisin. 
Garage Project's aim is to create unique and beautiful beers, to push boundaries, reinterpret styles and challenge the notions of what beer can be. To date the brewery has created over 300 different beers.
Garage Project established a Cellar Door and Taproom in their Aro Valley, Wellington site, a mixed fermentation and barrel location in central Wellington dubbed the "Wild Workshop", and most recently a Cellar Door in Kingsland, Auckland. In 2017 Garage Project announced a partnership with brew house bStudio in the Hawkes Bay.
Garage Project has won numerous awards- In the 2018 GABS Hottest 100 Kiwi Craft Beers poll, Garage Project claimed 19 spots, including #2 for Death from Above, #3 for Pernicious Weed, and #5 for Party & Bullshit. They were named NZ Brewery of the Year in 2017 by the New Zealand Brewers Guild Awards, edging out 111 other breweries and claiming 26 medals.
In 2017 Garage Project announced they would also begin production of natural wines called GP Crushed, made at their central Wellington location. The initial launch features four wines: a Riesling bottled mid-fermentation and spiked with Lactobacillus, a 100% Brettanomyces fermented New Zealand Chardonnay, a Pinot Noir that has undergone carbonic maceration before being spiked with Brett, and a Sauvignon/Semillon blend that has been bottled pét-nat. More wild wines are due to be released in 2018.
- "Garage Project named NZ's best brewery". Newshub. 2017-08-10. Retrieved 2018-03-22.
- "24/24 in Retrospective". Garage Project. Retrieved 2018-05-02.
- Team, The Untappd. "Garage Project". Untappd. Retrieved 2018-05-02.
- "Garage Project takes top ranking on 2015 Deloitte Fast 50 index | Deloitte New Zealand | Press release". Deloitte New Zealand. Retrieved 2018-05-02.
- "Our locations". Garage Project. Retrieved 2018-05-02.
- "Wellington brewery Garage Project to set wild yeasts free in new warehouse". Stuff. Retrieved 2018-05-02.
- Noted. "Experimental beer purveyors Garage Project open a cellar door in Kingsland". Noted. Retrieved 2018-05-02.
- "Garage Project to open new brew site in Hawke's Bay". Stuff. Retrieved 2018-05-02.
- "Wellington.scoop.co.nz » Panhead and Garage Project voted most popular craft beers". wellington.scoop.co.nz. Retrieved 2018-03-22.
- "Garage Project wins Champion NZ Brewery | Brewers Guild of New Zealand". www.brewersguild.org.nz. Retrieved 2018-05-02.
- "Totally Natural – New Zealand's Garage Project Launches Range of Natural Wines". Good Beer Hunting. Retrieved 2018-05-02.
- Bradley, Grant (2017-05-31). "Singapore Airlines teams up with New Zealand craft brewer Garage Project". NZ Herald. Retrieved 2018-03-22.