Garo: Vanishing Line
|Garo: Vanishing Line|
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Seong Ho Park|
|Written by||Kiyoko Yoshimura|
|Original network||TV Tokyo|
|Original run||October 6, 2017 – March 30, 2018|
Garo: Vanishing Line (牙狼〈GARO〉-VANISHING LINE-) is a Japanese original anime television series produced by MAPPA. It aired from October 2017 to March 2018. The anime is a part of the Garo franchise and Garo: The Animation franchise.
- Sword (ソード Sōdo)
- Voiced by: Tomokazu Seki (Japanese); T Axelrod (English)
- The protagonist, also known as Garo the Golden Knight (黄金騎士・牙狼（ガロ） Ōgon Kishi Garo) is the premier Makai Knight. He is a tall man with a muscular build who loves steak and is attracted to large-breasted women. He travels across Russel City fighting Horrors while searching for a clues about "El Dorado" on his customized bike, which transforms when he summons his golden armour. Unlike most versions of Garo previously shown, Sword prefers to fight bare handed but will use his sword (Garo-Ken) to defeat horrors and summon his armor.
- Sophie Hennes (ソフィ Sofi)
- Voiced by: Rie Kugimiya (Japanese); Madeleine Morris (English)
- A red-haired teenager living at the Katrina Home who is looking for clues about her missing brother Martin Hennes whose disappearance is connected to "El Dorado". Her search brings her in contact with a horror and eventually saved by Sword, who is also looking for El Dorado. She has since followed Sword and helped him hunt Horrors using her knowledge of the internet. She is hunted by the King of El Dorado wishes to recruit Sophie for an as-of-yet unrevealed purpose.
- Martin Hennes (マーティン・ヘネス Martin)
- Voiced by: Romi Park (Japanese); Matt Shipman (English)
- Sophie's older brother with a gentle character who always wanted to protect Sophie. He had excellent IT skills and was a genius hacker, but disappeared three years earlier leaving the keyword "El Dorado" on his personal computer password entry screen. He was actually recruited by the GarEden Corporation who promised to help him create a perfect world.
- Zaruba (ザルバ)
- Voiced by: Hironobu Kageyama (Japanese); Barry Yandell (English)
- Sword's Madou Ring, having belonged to previous holders of the Garo title and served as both an advisor and a Horror detector. While in Sword's possession, Zaruba can control Sword's motorcycle.
- Luke (ルーク Rūku)
- Voiced by: Nobunaga Shimazaki, Miyu Tomita (Young) (Japanese); David Matranga, Erica Mendez (Young) (English)
- Luke is a Makai Alchemist who disapproves of Sword's irresponsible methods and association with humans. He uses firearms in the field with special magical ammunition, including one that can make rain that wipes the memories of those who witness a Horror. Luke was trained to become a Makai Knight until his mother was murdered by his father, Knight, whom he swore revenge on.
- Gina (ジーナ Jīna)
- Voiced by: Ami Koshimizu (Japanese); Trina Nishimura (English)
- Gina is a Makai Alchemist and professional thief who sometimes works with Sword to fight Horrors. She is somewhat immoral and highly manipulative and flirtatious but appears to have a soft spot for Sophie and encourages her and Sword to work together. It's hinted that she has feelings for Sword and she asked Sword to marry her, but that was only for a mission. In Episode 12, Sophie asked her, who she likes. She answered that she likes someone and watch to the bathroom door where Sword stands. This scene revealed her feelings for Sword. She is like a mother to Sophie and Sword is like the father.
- Waitress Chiaki (ウェイトレス・チアキ Weitoresu Chiaki)
- Voiced by: Chiaki Takahashi (Japanese); Felecia Angelle (English)
- A waitress at the diner where Sword obtains information regarding Horror locations.
- Feilong (フェイロン Feiron)
- Voiced by: Takaya Hashi (Japanese); Vic Mignogna (English)
- An old man living above the Chinese restaurant and long-term supporter of the Makai Knights. He and the employees of the restaurant are trained to help protect the city from Horrors with the use of barrier spells and talismans.
- Meifang (メイファン Meifan)
- Voiced by: Ayahi Takagaki (Japanese); Apphia Yu (English)
- Manager and waitress at the Chinese restaurant where Sword lives and works. She has at least some knowledge of Makai Alchemy and was even able to protect Sophie from several horrors at once.
- Sister (シスター Shisutā)
- Voiced by: Atsuko Tanaka (Japanese); Carli Mosier (English)
- Sister is a nun and Sophie's legal guardian. She is head of the Katrina Home in Russell City and an expert in martial arts. She was killed by Knight when he arrived to abduct Sophie.
- Voiced by: Ayaka Ōhashi (Japanese); Cherami Leigh (English)
- Sword's sister Lizzy was killed in an explosion of the research facility of Signa Slam Tech. She was attending middle school next to the company's building when the explosion occurred which also destroyed Lizzy's school.
- King of El Dorado
- Voiced by: Ryūsei Nakao (Japanese); Daman Mills (English)
- King is the unseen leader of El Dorado who calls Sophie a princess and is intent on capturing her for an undisclosed purpose.
- Bishop (ビショップ Bishoppu)
- Voiced by: Kenyuu Horiuchi (Japanese); David Wald (English)
- Bishop is a Makai Alchemist and servant of the King of El Dorado. he appears to have considerable magical powers and control over Horrors.
- Knight (ナイト Naito)
- Voiced by: Daisuke Namikawa (Japanese); Ricco Fajardo (English)
- Luke's father and formerly considered the strongest Silver Makai Knight, he became a Dark Knight when he began serving the King of El Dorado. In Luke's flashbacks it appears Knight also killed Luke's mother and is now the target for Luke's vengeance.
- Queen (クイーン Kuīn)
- Voiced by: Romi Park (Japanese); Monica Rial (English)
- Queen is a Makai Alchemist and servant of the King of El Dorado and can control Carnivorous Plants that come from Makai. She is highly skilled in gymnastics, and extremely strong.
- Voiced by: Shinya Fukumatsu (Japanese); Kent Williams (English)
- A former Makai Alchemist who became a researcher at El Dorado and because of his small body uses a cyborg body to move around. He is casually destroyed by Bishop for his perceived failure to capture Sophie.
On August 13, it was announced that an original anime television series aired from October 6, 2017 to March 30, 2018, on TV Tokyo. The first opening theme "EMG" is performed by JAM Project, while the ending theme "Sophia" is performed by Masami Okui. The second opening theme is "Howling Sword" by Shuhei Kita, and the ending theme is "Promise" by Chihiro Yonekura. Funimation has licensed the series in North America.
|No.||Title[a]||Original air date|
|1||"Sword"||October 6, 2017|
|Sword destroys a Horror that has been killing people, causing considerable destruction in the process. Meanwhile, Sophie consults the fortune teller "Moon Wizard" to locate her missing brother, but he turns into a Horror. She only just escapes with her life and then Sword arrives on his motorcycle and destroys it. Sword then takes her to his favorite diner and Makai headquarters for a meal. It appears that they both seek "El Dorado". He promises to protect her although he also asks her to be bait for a Horror who has been hunting red-haired women. The strategy works and Sword destroys the Horror, however again causing considerable destruction.|
|2||"Luke"||October 13, 2017|
|Following massive damage to a city bridge during Sword's battle with a Horror, Luke fires his special bullet into the sky, causing it to rain and wiping the memories of everyone in the vicinity. Luke meets Sword in the diner, berating him for his irresponsible methods. Later Hardy, a former world champion runner who is now crippled in a wheelchair, allows himself to be possessed so he is able to run again. Finding Hardy gone, his girlfriend Enith asks Sword for help to find him. Meanwhile Hardy is now a Horror and has developed a hunger for human flesh. Hardy returns home and attempts to kill Enith but Sword intercepts him, however Hardy is too fast and it takes the combined efforts of Sword and Luke to destroy him. Again, Luke uses his rain-making bullet to wipe the events from the memories of everyone in the vicinity including Enith who resumes her search for the missing Hardy.|
|3||"Gina"||October 20, 2017|
|Sword's old acquaintance, Makai Alchemist Gina, is in town to investigate an up and coming gangster named Damian Stewart because of his apparent access to the city’s information network. Sword is disinterested until Gina mentions Damian may have information on "El Dorado". Meanwhile Gang bosses gather to plot against Damian, but he because he already knows about the meeting, he ambushes them. Damian then takes a surviving gang boss and feeds him to his massive computer system which is possessed by a Horror. Sword agrees to cooperate with Gina to discover Damian's secret. She infiltrates one of Damian's exclusive pool parties and obtains a sample of his DNA to breach the security system, giving Sword an opportunity to investigate. Sword finds the possessed computer which tries to kill him, but he manages to destroy it instead. Although Sword spares Damian's life, the surviving gangsters take their revenge on him.|
|4||"Brother"||October 27, 2017|
|Sophie's roommate tells her that Father Ripley went missing and Sophie goes to find out more about his disappearance. He apparently lived with his sister Marie in a renovated church. At the residence she finds Marie living alone, looking frail and sickly. Suddenly Sword arrives and presents Marie with a bunch of flowers for the loss of her brother. Sophie and Marie share their stories, and become friendly, but that evening, when the talk turns to her brother Father Ripley, Marie has a flashback to when her brother treated her badly and imprisoned her in the basement. Marie suddenly changes and becomes violent and, fearing for her life, Sophie tries to escape. She finds herself locked in the basement which is filled with instruments of torture. Marie bursts into the basement and transforms into a Horror, but Sword arrives and a battle ensues. Although Sophie tries to help and is almost killed, but is saved by Sword's motorcycle. She again pleads with Sword to help her find her brother.|
|5||"Ring"||November 3, 2017|
|Surprisingly, Gina asks Sword to marry her. Her plan is to infiltrate the house of a successful woman called Viola, who apparently has a magical ring that is able to control Horrors. She made her fortune helping wealthy families deal with their difficult children, but some seem to have disappeared. Gina, Sword and Sophie go her mansion as the Brown family. While sword keeps Violet occupied, in bed, Gina and Sophie explore the mansion and find signs of Demons. Viola finds them both, and Gina realizes that the woman has been consumed by the Horror herself. A battle ensues, which is only ended when Sword arrives and kills the Horror Viola. Later, in the diner, Sophie again presses sword to help her find "El Dorado".|
|6||"Intricacy"||November 10, 2017|
|Sophie continues to press Sword to help her find "El Dorado" and her brother, and tracks him to the Chinese restaurant where he lives and works. Meanwhile Luke and Sword receive instructions to investigate a movie theater where people seem to disappear. Luke goes alone, leaving Sword to "babysit" Sophie, however he finds nothing amiss. Sophie accesses online chat rooms and finds some references to a particular seat in the theater, L13. Luke watches a movie in that seat, and has a vision of being with his family in the past. At the end of the movie, Luke has disappeared. Sword visits the theater and Zaruba detects that the entire theater is the Horror. Sword plunges his sword into the seat, opening a pathway into Luke’s vision where Luke is caught up in the memories of his past and Sword calls him back. Luke recovers his senses and blasts the Horror with his magic pistols and Sword joins the battle. After they destroy the Horror, Sword tells Luke that it was due to help from Sophie that Sword found him.|
|7||"Scout"||November 17, 2017|
|Pawn, a scout for Eldorado, meets professional woman, Melia Wild, but before they can discuss business, Pawn turns into a Horror and devours her. Elsewhere the mysterious white-haired Knight appears in the city looking for Sophie. Pawn later appears at the Katrina Home, offering Sister a free holiday to El Dorado for the children. Meanwhile Sophie finds some references to El Dorado in the chat rooms, but the users have disappeared, including a seven-member team. She manages to trace them to a local shop. When Sword and Luke go to the shop, they find the missing people alive but unconscious and call Feilong for backup. Meanwhile Pawn appears at the school early, eager to take the children. Sister resists and valiantly fights back while Sophie helps the children escape and desperately calls Sword for help. Suddenly the Knight appears and kills Pawn, but then also kills Sister as well in front of a horrified Sophie. Knight tells Sophie that his master, the King of El Dorado, has summoned her, but at that moment, Sword and Luke arrive and confront Knight.|
|8||"Knight"||November 24, 2017|
|Sword protects Sophie while Luke confronts Knight and an all-out battle ensues between them. Luke recalls when he was a trainee and the Silver Knight his teacher, before he became the Dark Knight. The fight continues, but Dark Knight is too strong and impales Luke with his Naginata. Sword then attacks Dark Knight and they both turn into their Makai Knight forms and continue the battle. Meanwhile Feilong's people set up a magical barrier around the knights to protect the city and prepare to evacuate Sophie. As Meifong takes Sophie to a safe underground shelter, they are intercepted by a Horror, but Meifong manages to defeat it with a magic talisman. The battle between the knights takes on epic proportions with entire buildings being destroyed in the process. Eventually they confront each other without weapons, but as Sword gains the upper hand, Dark Knight departs, vowing to return.|
|9||"Setting Off"||December 1, 2017|
|In the aftermath of the battle with the Dark Knight, Sister's funeral takes place and Luke is alive but badly injured, both physically and emotionally. Sword is given instructions in the diner to head west with Sophie in search of El Dorado and its king and to meet up with additional Makai Alchemists at San Del Rios. Sword and Sophie travel through the countryside beyond the city. They come across a wounded deer and Sophie insists on stopping and helping it and she realizes how much she misses Sister. Meanwhile in El Dorado, Dark Knight is criticized for his failure to capture Sophie while they await Sword’s impending arrival.|
|10||"Rebirth"||December 8, 2017|
|Emergency services deal with the casualties from the battle. Meifang patches up Luke and reminds him of his duty to destroy Horrors, their number increasing since some protective barriers have been destroyed. He experiences the effort made by humans to selflessly help others. Again Luke thinks back to his time as a child training with his parents to fight Horrors and how his father killed his mother in a quest for greater power. He recalls his dying mother's words that power is not an end in itself, but to be used to protect others and realizes that he must follow Sword to El Dorado to help him confront its king.|
|11||"Kidnap"||December 15, 2017|
|Sword and Sophie stop in a western town, Sun Dell Dios, while they wait for reinforcements. However the town is run by a vigilante group led by the sheriff Alfil. The townspeople try to take Sword into custody because they believe he kidnapped Sophie, while the waitress, Natalia, grabs Sophie and Alfil drives them out of town. When Natalia tries to sedate Sophie, she causes the car to crash. Back in town, Sword runs from the townspeople, unwilling to harm humans, and is eventually rescued by the arrival of Gina. Meanwhile Alfil reveals that he is a Horror and prepares to take Sophie captive, but she shoots him before he changes, and gains a reprieve until Sword arrives. While Sword fights the Horror Alfil, Bishop appears and prepares to take Sophie whom he calls princess, but again Gina comes to the rescue. Realizing the usefulness of the town has ended, Bishop reduces it to dust, however Gina had taken the precaution of placing a barrier around the townspeople so they were saved. As Sword, Gina and Sophie prepare to continue their journey, Zaruba compliments Sophie on her resourcefulness.|
|12||"Family"||December 22, 2017|
|A stranger, looking for his friend, stays the night in a remote, run-down roadside motel, but a Horror violently kills him. Meanwhile Sword, Sophie and Gina drive through another ruined and rough western town. They arrive at the same motel where they decide to stay after days of sleeping rough. While there, Sophie meets a teenage boy, George, the lonely son of the owner Matthew and his wife. As Gina and Sophie take a bath, a liquid-based Horror attacks them, but Gina drives it off. Later, Matthew's wife discovers that her husband made a pact with the Horror to ensure the family's financial survival. Matthew wishes to return to Russell City and become a success, but instead, the Horror engulfs him and then attacks his wife. She is saved by Sword who, together with Gina, attacks and destroys the Horror. Before moving on, Gina rewrites wife and son's memories to eliminate their experience, believing instead that a tornado caused the destruction and Matthew's death.|
|13||"God's Will"||January 12, 2018|
|Gina suggests that they visit Ferre Salé Dessimo, a Makai Alchemist village in the Land of Guidance, to get more information about El Dorado. They arrive at a modest settlement built on islands of woven reeds on a lake in the mountains, where an elder tells them that El Dorado has become a problem. Gina, Sword and Sophie travel to the Land of Guidance and enter the temple that only appears on a full moon. Gina undergoes the trial, defeating wolves and a monster then receives a ruby colored gem. She is also told of the powerful ring possessed by the king of El Dorado, a place which lies beyond El Sanvados to the southwest. As they set off, Gina gives the gem to Sophie.|
|14||"Relic"||January 19, 2018|
|Luke arrives in a town after being sent by the Land of Guidance and visits an old man and his granddaughter Stella with a Makai Alchemist symbol on their door. Stella, an avid researcher of the occult, tells him the legend of a Demon Sealer who sealed a demon nearby many years ago. Apparently the seal has weakened and the demon is about to awaken with the impending full moon. They take him to the place where a statue of the Demon Sealer once stood and with Luke's help, locate a sea cave where the demon was sealed. Luke identifies it as a Knight that became a Horror. The next night, Luke goes to the cave to prevent the Horror from reappearing and Stella follows him. The powerful Horror awakes and Luke tries to fight him with all the weapons at his disposal, including the spirits of those the demon defeated in the past and he manages to destroy it. As he leaves, Luke wipes their memories of the previous night's events.|
|15||"El Dorado"||January 26, 2018|
|Five bus-loads of young people, the chosen ones, head into El Dorado hoping to fulfill their dreams. Meanwhile a Horror, Bezel, has infiltrated El Dorado and walks the streets looking for King, consuming humans along the way, however his presence is detected by Bishop. One of the chosen ones, a young girl accepts a free invitation to an exclusive party, but she find that it's an trap to provide food for the resident Horrors. Bezel interrupts their feast and kills them all, although he is observed remotely by Bishop and Queen. Bezel approaches King's golden tower where he challenges Queen. He splits into multiple clones, however Queen is prepared and easily disposes of them and she defeats Bezel. He survives and just manages to escape with his life, only to be destroyed moments later by Knight.|
|16||"Chance Meeting"||February 2, 2018|
|Sword, Gina and Sophie arrive at a seaside town, but Sophie is angry at Sword for eating her chocolate without permission. During the day, Sword saves a boy named Pedro from some thugs whom he blames for the death of his girlfriend Monica. Pedro ask for Sword's help but Sword refuses as he recalls the death of his own sister in an explosion the research facility of Signa Slam Tech and the fruitlessness of revenge. Pedro again gets beaten up, and Sword again rescues him, chasing off the bully. As they prepare to leave the town, Sword gives Sophie a present of chocolate and her anger dissipates.|
|17||"The Slant Lined"||February 9, 2018|
|As Sword, Gina and Sophie approach El Sanvados, they are confronted by a battalion of Horror bikers. Sword attacks them, sending Gina and Sophie ahead by another route in the car. However Bishop sets up a Horror Barrier darkening the sky, and follows Gina and Sophie with a wave of flying Horrors. They are almost caught, but Luke arrives just in time, destroying the Horrors and breaking the barrier. Suddenly a new monster emerges from below the ground and captures Sophie just as Sword arrives on his motorcycle. Sword rescues Sophie and then Zaruba carries her away to safety on the motorcycle. Sophie is distressed at the trouble that she has caused her companions, but Zaruba tells her to keep moving forward. When they are caught by Knight, Zaruba crashes the motorcycle into Knight, sacrificing himself. Sword, Gina and Luke catch up with Sophie and Sword absorbs the remaining power of the Madou ring in preparation for a showdown between the Makai Knights. However, after testing Sword's powers, Knight withdraws leaving Sophie and the others to mourn the loss of Zaruba.|
|18||"Illusion"||February 16, 2018|
|Sword, Gina, Luke and Sophie finally arrive at El Dorado, a glittering island city separated from poor people wishing to gain entry. Luke creates a memory-removing rain shower over the border guards enabling him, Sword and Sophie to enter while Gina travels to the Land of Guidance to replenish her weaponry. Following his orders form the Watchdog Centre, Sword plans to find out the real identity of King. They explore the city where everything appears to be made by the GarEden Corporation. Sophie enters the amazing Eldo Net virtual world and finds the happiness there is very superficial, but then she receives a suspicious invitation to find out more. Suspecting a trap, Sword, Luke and Sophie meet the citizen who sent the message who reveals that the apparent utopia is run by Horrors who use it as a feeding ground. Suddenly, his hideout is attacked by assault Horrors, so the citizen transfers his data to Sophie's cell phone which enables her to access the secure network and track the approaching Horrors. They also discover her brother Martin Hennes is the programmer involved with El Dorado and receive a message apparently sent by Sword. Later, they help the citizen escape, but are left with even more unanswered questions.|
|19||"Farewell"||February 23, 2018|
|Bishop sets in motion plans to capture Sophie, an apparent obsession of King. Sophie researches the GarEden Corporation online and finds it merged 10 years ago with Signa Slam, a company that Sword recalls was involved in a Horrors attack which resulted in his sister's death. Inside El Dorado, Sword, Luke and Sophie find that Makai plants are taking over, devouring the human population as they go but find a lone human survivor. They encounter Queen who uses the carnivorous plants to attack them while the survivor turns into the Makai Alchemist Stanley who abducts Sophie. She manages to escape into the complex, where she finds a door marked Martin Hennes. On touching the control panel, the door opens, and she finds what appears to be her brother’s office, a diary and many fake letters to him apparently written by her. She is caught again by Stanley, but Sword and Luke find her and the battle continues. However, Sword is unable to stop Bishop who throws Sophie into a vat of liquid at the center of the birthplace of Eldorado and she loses consciousness. She appears to awake back at home where she sees Sword and his sister Lizzy, and meets her brother Martin.|
|20||"Utopia"||March 2, 2018|
|In her unconscious dream, Martin proudly shows Sophie the virtual city that is El Dorado where people address him as King although he says he is only the system administrator. Meanwhile, Sword tries to determine how he can be with his dead sister Lizzy. She offers him information about El Dorado while Luke carries his unconscious body to safety. Lizzy explains to Sword that the people in El Dorado are the souls of people who have died and been captured. She says that the ancient Horror King infiltrated Cygnusram-Tech and completed the theory of Eldo Net, however his plan was discovered by Makai Knights and although the facility was destroyed, he survived. Suddenly Lizzy and Sword are discovered, and the population change into robots and attack them. Lizzy then asks Sword to save Sophie and destroy El Dorado. Meanwhile, Sophie realizes that Martin is unaware that thousands of humans have been sacrificed to fuel the ancient Horror King’s version of utopia, and the ring that Martin wears enables him to control them subconsciously. Sophie attacks Martin and he eventually sees the tortured bodies of the sacrificed humans. Tearfully, Sophie threatens to kill her brother.|
|21||"Cause and Effect"||March 9, 2018|
|In a flashback to when Sophie and Martin were orphans, Martin promises to protect Sophie and create a world free of difficulties. Back in the present, Queen berates Bishop for failing to kill Sword while he observes Sophie attempting to kill her brother because of the lives he needlessly sacrificed for her happiness. Frightened and confused Martin escapes into the complex. Meanwhile, Sword, Luke and Gina look for a way to shut down El Dorado, however Queen moves to intercept them using her Carnivorous Plants and turning citizens into Horrors. Leaving the others to fight Queen, Sword goes looking for Sophie. Martin recalls three years earlier when he was first approached by Queen from the GarEden Corporation who gave him a Madou Ring, and he begins to realize that he has been duped and used to create the fiction that is El Dorado. Outside, with Gina's help using a sniper rifle, Luke finally manages to shoot Queen. Inside, Martin finds Sophie, but the Madou Ring consumes him and turns him into a Horror, displaying his wretched face on its chest.|
|22||"Yu Light"||March 16, 2018|
|Bishop remotely watches as the scene between King and Sophie unfolds and thinks back to when he recruited the naive Martin Hennes. Sword finds Sophie and they watch as King causes El Dorado to be bathed in a red light. Sword and Sophie are suddenly surrounded by hoards of demonic creatures, but they are rescued by Zaruba on a reconstructed motorcycle. Sword and Sophie then lead the surviving citizens out of El Dorado. With Sword, Luke and Gina reunited, they realize that King's plan was to use Sophie to take over her brother Martin via the Madou Ring Bishop gave him. A message from Lizzy is broadcast on all TV screens, warning that as King consumes the souls within El Dorado he will grow stronger. She also tells them that Sophie has administrator access to The Eldo Net storage unit that houses the souls. Zaruba convinces the despondent Sophie to join the others with the ruby colored gem given to her by Gina. Suddenly Knight and Queen attack the group, but Luke and Gina stay to fight the two 'blades' of King, while Sword rides back into El Dorado with Sophie.|
|23||"My Sister"||March 23, 2018|
|Sword bursts back into El Dorado with Sophie on his motorcycle and they meet Lizzy, but then become surrounded by King's robots. Sword remains to fight them while Lizzy take Sophie to attempt to deactivate the Eldo Net system. Meanwhile Luke and Gina engage in all-out individual battles with Knight and Queen. Sword is sucked into the digital void that is King and fights against a myriad of digital constructs, but eventually, by combining his Makai Knight form with Zaruba, cuts down King. Sophie struggles to destroy the Eldo Net storage unit, and when one of her tears falls on the ruby gem, she again sees Martin who gives her the password “everything is for my sister”. She uses the password to delete the data and Eldo Net begins to disappear, but as Sword exits the King's void, he is intercepted by Knight in his Makai form.|
|24||"Future"||March 30, 2018|
|Confronted by Knight in his Makai form, Sword changes into Golden Knight, and they engage in a titanic battle using their motorcycles, swords and fists, until Sword finally destroys Knight. Meanwhile outside, Sophie wants to ensure that Sword is safe, but Luke fires a rain-making bullet that erases her memories. A year later, Sophie has settled in back at the orphanage, although she feels that something is missing from her life. However, after seeing blood when she cuts her finger, she recalls the ruby gem pendant and with that, her memories come flooding back. She rushes to the diner where she finds Gina who tells her that Sword is fine. Sophie then asks her how to become a Makai Alchemist, wanting to prevent the same events occurring again. Later Luke becomes a Makai Knight, Bishop enjoys freedom from the control of King, and Sophie finally meets Sword again, who emerges from the toilet in the diner.|
- All English episode titles are taken from Crunchyroll.
- "MAPPA Reveals Original TV Anime Vanishing Line for October Premiere". Anime News Network. August 14, 2017. Retrieved August 14, 2017.
- "Vanishing Line Anime Revealed as New Garo Anime, Premieres on October 6". Anime News Network. September 8, 2017. Retrieved September 8, 2017.
- "Funimation Announces Garo -Vanishing Line- English Dub Cast". Anime News Network. October 18, 2017. Retrieved October 18, 2017.
- "GARO -VANISHING LINE-". Funimation. March 21, 2018. Retrieved March 21, 2018.
- "FunimationNow Fall 2017 SimulDubs & English Casts". Funimation. November 1, 2017. Retrieved November 1, 2017.
- "Shuhei Kita, Chihiro Yonekura Perform Themes For Garo -Vanishing Line- Anime's 2nd Cour". Anime News Network. December 3, 2017. Retrieved January 12, 2018.
- "Funimation Adds Garo: Vanishing Line to Simuldub Lineup". Anime News Network. October 5, 2017. Retrieved October 5, 2017.
- "VANISHING LINE". TV Tokyo (in Japanese). Retrieved January 11, 2018.