Gascoigne Leather Furniture
|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (November 2013)|
|Gascoigne Leather Centre|
|Founded||Willetton, Western Australia (1976 )|
|Headquarters||89-91 President Street, Kewdale, Western Australia, Australia|
Number of locations
Gascoigne Leather Furniture was founded in Perth, Western Australia by Kim Gascoigne and Helen Gascoigne in 1976. Originally with 130 employees, Gascoigne Leather Furniture began operating out of a small factory in Willetton before relocating to a larger factory in Midvale several years later. In February 1999 the Midvale factory suffered $1.5 million worth of damage following an extensive fire started accidentally by two teenage employees.
In 2000, the company made the decision to begin manufacturing in Malaysia, with a factory controlled by Michael Gascoigne. The Malaysian factory is currently the company's primary manufacturer, with over 50% of Gascoigne Leather Furniture's products being manufactured by the Gascoigne Group. The company has also opened the first of five retail stores, Gascoigne Leather Centre in Osborne Park, Western Australia.
Gascoigne Leather Furniture currently have over 260 retail clients across Australia, United Kingdom, Dubai, Singapore and France. They have supplied over 120,000 individual clients in Western Australia.
Amongst Gascoigne Leather Furniture's notable clients are Lady Diana and Prince Charles (for whom the company supplied a bespoke Chesterfield in 1981), John Howard during his 1996-2007 Prime Ministership, for whom the company supplied furniture for Kirribilli House, (one of two official residences of the Australian Prime Minister in Sydney, New South Wales). The company has also supplied custom made Chesterfield's for several Sultans and Prime Ministers in the Asian region.
- "Gascoigne, Kim J". Welcome Walls. Western Australian Museum. Retrieved 12 November 2013.
- "Employees forgiven for factory blaze". AAP General News (Australia). 18 February 1999. Retrieved 12 November 2013.
- Hawtin, Jim (14 October 2003). "Work Jokes No Laughing Matter". Business News. Retrieved 12 November 2013.
- , Gascoigne Leather Centre
- "Legislative Assembly" (PDF). Hansard Report. Western Australian State Government. 14 May 1991. p. 1857. Retrieved 12 November 2013.
- Cook, Tracey (21 October 2003). "Aesthetic Design". Business News. Retrieved 12 November 2013.
- "Seat of Family's Success". Melville Times. Community Newspaper Group. 22 July 2011. Retrieved 12 November 2013.
- "A Chesterfield fit for Buckingham Palace". The Age. 24 July 1986. p. 31. Retrieved 12 November 2013.
- "Home Show: Leather furniture 'very popular'". The New Zealand Herald. 14 September 1999. Retrieved 12 November 2013.
- "Adjourment - Hanson Swan Business Awards". Media Releases. Stuart Henry MP - Member for Hasluck. 16 August 2007. Archived from the original on 23 October 2007. Retrieved 12 November 2013.