Gatsbys American Dream (album)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Gatsbys American Dream|
|Studio album by Gatsbys American Dream|
|Producer||Bobby Darling and Casey Bates|
|Gatsbys American Dream chronology|
|Mammoth Press||(7.5/10) |
Gatsbys American Dream is the self-titled fourth album from Gatsbys American Dream. It is the band's second album released under Fearless Records and their fourth full-length overall. It is also the first album with band member Kyle O'Quin.
|1.||"You All Everybody"||3:13|
|2.||"We Can Remember It for You Wholesale"||3:42|
|4.||"My Name Is Ozymandias"||3:21|
|5.||"Margaritas and Cock"||3:05|
|6.||"Station 5: The Pearl"||2:49|
|7.||"Shadow of the Colossus"||3:02|
|9.||"Looks Like the Real Thing"||2:36|
|10.||"Me and Ed Loyce"||2:54|
|11.||"The White Mountains"||3:09|
Track title references
- "You All Everybody" is the title of a song by Charlie Pace's band "Driveshaft" on the TV show Lost. Aside from the title, this song and the one on the show bear no similarities.
- "We Can Remember It For You Wholesale" is the title of a science fiction novelette written by Philip K. Dick upon which the film Total Recall was based.
- "My Name Is Ozymandias" comes from a line of the sonnet titled "Ozymandias" by poet Percy Bysshe Shelley. It is also a reference to the character Ozymandias in John Christopher's The Tripods trilogy.
- "Margaritas and Cock" is a line from the movie The Matador. Pierce Brosnan's character Julian Noble says the line "Margaritas and cock" in reference to "things that taste better in Mexico."
- "Station 5: The Pearl" refers to the name of one of the Dharma Initiative's research stations on the TV show Lost.
- "Shadow of the Colossus" is the name of a video game for the PlayStation 2.
- "Me and Ed Loyce" is in reference to a Philip K. Dick short story called The Hanging Stranger in which the main character's name is Ed Loyce.
- "The White Mountains" is the title of the first novel in The Tripods trilogy by science fiction writer John Christopher.
- "Filthy Beasts" contains a reading of the lyrics of NOFX's "It's My Job To Keep Punk Rock Elite" from their album So Long and Thanks for All the Shoes.
- Nic Newsham - vocals
- Bobby Darling - guitar, vocals
- Rudy Gajadhar - drums
- Kirk Huffman - bass, vocals
- Ryan Van Wieringen - guitar (did not take part in this album)
- Kyle O'Quin - keyboards
- "Gatsbys American Dream - Gatsbys American Dream - Album Review". AbsolutePunk.net. 2006-08-08. Retrieved 2016-03-27.
- Corey Apar (2006-08-08). "Gatsbys American Dream - Gatsbys American Dream | Songs, Reviews, Credits". AllMusic. Retrieved 2016-03-27.
- "Gatsbys American Dream - Gatsbys American Dream". Punknews.org. 2006-08-08. Retrieved 2016-03-27.
- "Mammoth Press". Mammoth Press. Retrieved 2016-03-27.
|This 2000s progressive rock album-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|