Gavin DeGraw (album)
|Studio album by Gavin DeGraw|
|Released||May 6, 2008|
|Gavin DeGraw chronology|
|Singles from Gavin DeGraw|
Gavin DeGraw is singer-songwriter Gavin DeGraw's self-titled second album. The album was released on May 6, 2008. The album debuted at number seven on the U.S. Billboard 200 albums chart, selling 66,000 copies the first week.
The album features an extended and re-recorded version of the song "We Belong Together", which was a single in 2006 and was featured on the soundtrack to the film of Tristan & Isolde. One week before its release, the album was put up in full to stream on Imeem.com on April 29, 2008.
The album was preceded by the single "In Love with a Girl", which became his second-biggest single ever since his very first debut "I Don't Want to Be", and fourth Top 40 hit in the United States, peaking at number twenty-four. Outside the U.S., the song was successful in the Netherlands too, reaching number twenty-two.
Soon followed the release of "Cheated on Me", DeGraw's second single from the album, only released in North America, of which the music video was released on September 30, 2008. The single failed to generate any interest though in North America. At the same time, "She Holds a Key" was chosen as the second single in the rest of the world, which only charted in the Netherlands, becoming his fifth Top 40 hit there, peaking at number twenty-nine. As the third worldwide single, "I Have You to Thank" was released in January 2009. The song did not have a music video to help promote the album.
All songs written by Gavin DeGraw.
- "In Love with a Girl" - 3:27
- "Next to Me (Wait a Minute, Sister)" – 3:26
- "Cheated on Me" – 3:40
- "I Have You to Thank" - 3:27
- "Cop Stop" - 3:24
- "Young Love" - 4:09
- "Medicate the Kids" - 3:20
- "Relative" - 4:13
- "She Holds a Key" - 3:51
- "Untamed" - 4:00
- "Let It Go" - 3:50
- "We Belong Together" - 5:28
- Target stores released a deluxe edition of this album with a bonus DVD include a feature called "Up Close with Gavin DeGraw" and the music video for "In Love With a Girl." The cover of the deluxe edition has a purple-red background instead of blue.
|The Boston Globe||(positive)|
|Common Sense Media|||
|The New York Times||(average)|
Maverick magazine gave the album four-out-of-five stars, saying it is "resonating rock release and a classic depiction of Gavin’s sentimental views on love and life and champions catchy, lyrical hooks, music with meaning, guitar riffs and a voice that is a real pleasure to listen to."
|Belgium Albums Chart (Flanders)||82|
|Canadian Albums Chart||21|
|Danish Albums Chart||3|
|Dutch Albums Chart||8|
|Finnish Albums Chart||36|
|Italian Albums Chart||44|
|Norwegian Albums Chart||35|
|Swedish Albums Chart||13|
|Swiss Albums Chart||23|
|US Billboard 200||7|
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-04-25. Retrieved 2011-10-03.
- Gavin Degraw "In Love with a Girl" - Music Charts
- Gavin Degraw "She Holds a Key" - Music Charts
- Confirmation of "I Have You to Thank" as fourth single
- Critic reviews at Metacritic
- Allmusic review
- Billboard review at the Wayback Machine (archived May 3, 2008)
- The Boston Globe review(subscription required)
- Common Sense Media review
- Entertainment Weekly review
- Hot Press review(subscription required)
- The New York Times review
- Album reviews at CD Universe
- Rolling Stone review at the Wayback Machine (archived May 1, 2008)
- Maverick, L. B.. (February 2009), "Gavin DeGraw". (79):79
- Artist Chart Album History - Gavin DeGaw - Gavin DeGraw
- Artist Chart History - Gavin DeGaw