|Also called||Gleagle Panda
Kandi Panda EV
Micro Panda (Sri Lanka)
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||5-door hatchback|
|Engine||1.0 L I3 (petrol)
1.3 L I4 (petrol)
1.5 L I4 (petrol)
|Wheelbase||2,340 mm (92.1 in)|
|Length||3,598 mm (141.7 in)|
|Width||1,630 mm (64.2 in)|
|Height||1,465 mm (57.7 in)|
|Curb weight||937–985 kg (2,066–2,172 lb)|
The Geely LC, sold in its home market as the Geely Panda or the Gleagle Panda, is a city car produced by the Chinese manufacturer Geely from November 2008 to 2016. In 2010 the LC scored 45.3 in C-NCAP crash tests, making it China's first locally researched and developed compact car to be awarded a 5-star rating, and it is subsequently the safest Chinese hatchback as of 2011. The LC was able to achieve the above despite a development process that relied more on computer simulations than actual crash tests. The Panda will be replaced by a facelifted version of the car known as the Emgrand Mini.
As of 22 December 2010, popular Chinese e-commerce retailer Taobao Mall sells the LC online although buyers must put down a 288 yuan deposit and visit a local dealership for a test drive prior to purchase. The LCs on offer are not delivered to your door and may differ from those available through more-traditional retail channels.
First day online sales totalled near 500.
The LC's styling has been recognized for its exceptional exterior, which manufacturer Geely says is "bionic" and resembles a panda but that some criticize for resembling the Toyota Aygo, instead. Geely outsourced the design of the LC's exterior to another Chinese firm, CH-Auto.
While the car is sold in overseas markets, its name and the brand name it is sold under may change.
A rebadged, redesigned LC called the Tobe M’Car is sold in Taiwan by Yulon Motors, which may also assemble it. The M'car uses the same body and interior as the LC but features improved performance and locally designed components.
- China's Geely opens online car store on Taobao reuters.com, Mon Dec 6, 2010 4:43am EST
- "Five Star in Collision Test: Geely Panda Appraised as the safest Minicar in China". Geely International. 2010-01-09. Archived from the original on 2010-10-28. Retrieved 2011-01-22.
- Geely Gleagle Panda (Geely LC) chinaautoweb.com
- "Tobe M'car Make a Splash in Taibei". Geely International. 2010-01-12. Archived from the original on 2012-02-20. Retrieved 2011-01-22.
- "THE ALL NEW LC HATCHBACK". Geely New Zealand. Retrieved 2011-01-22.
- Shirouzu, Norihiko (Sep 18, 2012). "Special Report: China's car makers cut corners to success". reuters.com. Thompson Reuters. Retrieved September 20, 2012.
- Geely LC (Panda) Review auto-chinese.com 2010-4-12
- US Geely's growth: Appliances to autos in 13 years chinadaily.com.cn, 2010-05-04
- Auto Special: Safety test proves Geely has the right path to improved performance and competitiveness chinadaily.com.cn, 2011-01-14
- Geely opens first online store gasgoo.com, December 07, 2010
- China's Geely now selling cars online chinadaily.com.cn, 2010-12-07
- Geely nets online store chinadaily.com.cn, 2010-12-08
- China's Geely eyes online car sales globaltimes.cn, September 12, 2010
- Geely's selling cars online starts with a victory gasgoo.com, December 24, 2010
- Golden Award for Geely Panda Design Geely Official site, late 2008
- Out Products: Panda; Gallery Gelly Indonesia Official Site
- Geely New Zealand LC Hatch ; Gallery Geely New Zealand Official Site
- Handing over 1st Batch of PANDAs to customers microcars.lk, Saturday, 28th February, 2011
- "LC". Geely South Africa. 2011. Archived from the original on 2012-04-23. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- Yulon's Tobe car unable to drive in reverse chinapost.com.tw, Saturday, August 7, 2010 1:45 am TWN
- Yulon introduces new Tobe brand vehicle taipeitimes.com, Wed, Nov 18, 2009
- "Cuba Car Rental | Introduction of new cut price Geely Panda". carrentalcuba.net. Retrieved 2016-01-26.