Georgia Institute of Technology College of Sciences
|Location||Atlanta, Georgia, USA|
The College of Sciences at the Georgia Institute of Technology is one of the six colleges in the institute.
Until 1990, there was no independent college for the sciences. Before then, there had been three colleges: the College of Engineering, the College of Management, and College of Science and Liberal Studies (COSALS). As part of his restructuring plan, John Patrick Crecine reorganized the institute; he split COSALS into the College of Sciences and combined the liberal arts and management programs into the Ivan Allen College of Management and Liberal Arts. The latter would be split by G. Wayne Clough in 1998.
Programs, Centers, Departments and Schools
- Applied Physiology
- School of Biology
- Center for Education Integrating Science, Mathematics, and Computing
- School of Chemistry & Biochemistry
- School of Earth & Atmospheric Sciences
- School of Mathematics
- School of Physics
- School of Psychology
- Center for Organic Photonics and Electronics (COPE)
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (June 2008)|
Almost all of the undergraduate degrees offered by the College of Sciences has concentration options and/or a "business plan."
- B.S. in Biology
- B.S. in Chemistry
- B.S. in Earth and Atmospheric Science
- B.S. in Applied Mathematics
- B.S. in Discrete Mathematics
- B.S. in Applied Physics
- B.S. in Physics
- M.S. in Prosthetics and Orthotics
- M.S. in Biology
- M.S. in Bioinformatics
- M.S. in Chemistry
- M.S. in Paper Science and Engineering
- M.S. in Earth and Atmospheric Science
- M.S. with a Major in Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
- 5-year B.S. M.S. in Earth and Atmospheric Science
- M.S. in Mathematics
- M.S. in Statistics
- M.S. in Quantitative and Computational Finance
- M.S. in Applied Physics
- M.S. in Physics
- M.S. in Applied Psychology
- M.S. in Human Computer Interaction
- Ph.D. in Applied Physiology
- Ph.D. in Biology
- Ph.D. in Bioinformatics
- Ph.D. in Chemistry
- Ph.D. in Paper Science and Engineering
- Ph.D. in Earth and Atmospheric Science
- Ph.D. in Algorithms, Combinatorics, Optimization
- Ph.D. in Bioinformatics
- Ph.D. in Mathematics
- Ph.D. in Physics
- Ph.D. in Psychology - Engineering Psychology
- Ph.D. in Psychology - Experimental Psychology
- Ph.D. in Psychology - Industrial/Organizational
- "College of Sciences History". Georgia Tech College of Sciences. Archived from the original on 2007-04-13. Retrieved 2007-03-24.
- "Paul Goldbart". Georgia Tech College of Sciences. Retrieved 2013-09-24.
- "Facts and Figures: Enrollment by College". Georgia Tech Office of Institutional Research & Planning. Archived from the original on 2011-07-19. Retrieved 2007-03-24.
- Joshi, Nikhil (2006-03-10). "Geibelhaus lectures on controversial president". The Technique. Archived from the original on 2006-11-12. Retrieved 2007-01-29.
- College of Sciences Undergraduate Degree Programs