This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Pellegrini was born in Sparkill, New York to photographer Roger Pellegrini and actress Maureen Mooney. She grew up on the same land that her great-grandfather owned and worked, Tulipwood. She graduated high school from the Chapin School in New York City and then from Wellesley College, with a degree in International Relations. 
After stints in investment banking Pellegrini enrolled at the French Culinary Institute. Soon she began to work in farm to table restaurants in the U.S. (Gramercy Tavern and Blue Hill at Stone Barns) and France (La Chassagnette), driving heavy farm equipment, and harvesting both meat and plants for dinner.
In her latest book, Modern Pioneering, Pellegrini teaches modern day pioneer skills and "manual literacy". It is a cookbook and backyard gardening and homesteading guide for people who want to grow food efficiently, cook seasonal recipes, or even try foraging, camping, and living off the land.
In Girl Hunter, Pellegrini writes about the experience of traveling around the U.S. and abroad to hunt her own meat. She teamed up with veteran hunters to add to the adventures. This book includes recipes as well as descriptions of the many characters she met on her food travels. Girl Hunter was named one of the Top 10 Sports Books of 2012 by Booklist, a Best Book of the Month by Amazon and lauded in reviews by Publishers Weekly and the Wall Street Journal.
In her first book Food Heroes, Pellegrini tells the story of 16 food artisans around the world who are fighting to preserve their traditions. Food Heroes was nominated for an IACP award for best culinary writing with recipes.
Pellegrini is the creator of Adventure Getaways, where she leads women on trips that feature a variety of rugged outdoor activities. The Getaways were described in a 2013 New York Times "T" Magazine article.
Pellegrini's website and blog chronicle her adventures, provide tutorials on "pioneer skills", and feature profiles of the artisans she meets in her travels. Her site was nominated for a 2010 Bloggie Award.
In September 2011, Pellegrini was the second woman ever to appear on the cover of Shooting Sportsman Magazine. Pellegrini also earned a spot on Forbes' list of top female entrepreneurs in 2012.
- Dumas, Daisy (2011-12-13). "'If I was going to eat meat, I needed to be able to kill it myself': Former investment banker becomes a chef, buys a gun and learns to hunt for her own food". Mail Online. Retrieved 2016-03-30.
- Heddings, Kate (2014-03-25). "Food&Wine". Georgia Pellegrini's DIY Style. Time Inc. Affluent Media. Retrieved 2016-04-04.
- "All American Spearker". Biography of Georgia Pellegrini. All American Speakers Bureau. Retrieved 2016-04-04.
- "Georgia Pellegrini: Girl Hunter - Women You Should Know". Women You Should Know®. Jennifer Jones & Cynthia Hornig. 2011-12-14. Retrieved 2016-03-30.
- "Amazon". Girl Hunter: Revolutionizing the Way We Eat, One Hunt at a Time. Da Capo Lifelong Books. 2011-12-13.
- Rotella, Mark (2011-11-21). "A Walk in the Woods with Girl Hunter Georgia Pellegrini". PublishersWeekly.com. PWxyz. Retrieved 2016-04-04.
- Watman, Max (December 24, 2011). "The Blood In the Meadow". The Wall Street Journal.
- "Squarespace - Claim This Domain". forthemodernman.com. Retrieved 2016-04-04.
- Forbes, Paula (2011-03-07). "Eater". IACP Announces 2011 Food Writing Nominations. Vox Media Inc.
- Gordinier, Jeff. "Food Matters | The Professional Women Who Hunt, Shoot and Gut Their Dinners". T Magazine. Retrieved 2016-04-04.
- Gordinier, Jeff (2013-11-12). "Food Matters". The Professional Women Who Hunt, Shoot and Gut Their Dinners. The New York Times Style Magazine.
- Pellegrini, Georgia. "GP". Join the next Georgia Pellegrini Adventure Getaway!. GPMG. Retrieved 2016-04-04.
- "Wis. recall: Referendum on Walker... and maybe Obama". Fox News. Archived from the original on June 4, 2010.
- Bischoff, Kirsten (February 6, 2012). "Five Successful Female Entrepreneurs Who Pivoted Out of the Finance Industry". Forbes.
- Pellegrini, Georgia (2011-10-27). "Youtube". Girl Hunter - Official Video Trailer.
- "Jimmy Kimmel Live _ Chef Georgia Pellegrini, Part 1 - Video Dailymotion". Dailymotion. 2012-04-18. Archived from the original on 2016-03-03. Retrieved 2016-04-04.
- "Jimmy Kimmel Live _ Chef Georgia Pellegrini, Part 2 - Video Dailymotion". Dailymotion. 2012-04-18. Archived from the original on 2016-03-03. Retrieved 2016-04-04.